Help Needed with Exercise after a BAD 18 months!!! :)

Options
As I have stated on my profile, 2011 (and much of 2010) was the most challenging time I have survived (and no, I have not had a sheltered life.) This included the death of 3 people I loved dearly. I have become sedentary like never before. The weight gain and sedentary lifestyle were symbiotic ... and I have felt my health declining.
Since mid February I have been doing much better and have lost about 15 lbs. I don't find the diet too difficult (I qualify that!) but getting myself moving is a different challenge. I have developed joint problems (have hereditary iron overload), am short of breath, and I cannot believe how fatigued I am after what I consider little output of energy.
Has anyone (say recovering from illness) been able to motivate themselves and how did you start??

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    FIND FRIENDS! List your age and your goal weight, your height too. Let us help.
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree make friends they are great encouragers and listeners. Fell free to add me and join the battle of the bulge!!!! :laugh:
  • Heatherdl52
    Options
    Hello, I have just joined.I too am leading a fairly sedentary life due to a back injury 3 years and 3 operations ago.Weight has piled on( some due to the medication etc)I am hoping to get motivated by joining this site, to get moving more despite the limits placed on me.I can relate to you too with the shortness of breath .That also limits me a lot too. I wish you well, and will stay posted.Lets hope we can both get moving and lose some weight and get healthy.....Heather
    PS....guess I didnt have any answers to your question, but related to your issues.