Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I was wondering is it normal.....

The more water I drink the more I "crave" to drink. Can you drink too much? I get around 11 12oz glasses a day.

Replies

• OzEmma
    OzEmma Posts: 12
    The more I drink the more I want but it changes. When I'm at work I drink about 4 Litres a day as I have a water bottle at my desk and refill it all day (12hr work day) When I'm on days off I forget to take water with me shopping etc and I CRAVE it.... But after 2 or 3 days of forgetting to have my bottle with me I get used to just drinking about a litre a day.....
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    I think it depends on how much fluid you are excreting (the kidneys can process about a litre of fluid per hour - that's 4 glasses of water). If you are taking blood pressure medications, and they are diuretics ("water pills") you may want to have the dosage checked to see if you need it adjusted according to your new activity levels. Also have your blood sugar checked; diabetes can cause excess thirst.

All that being said, if you are exercising more, then it would be normal to have an increased need for hydration; on days when I do heavy endurance exercises I can drink as much as you.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    I shoot for 1 gallon a day, which is healthy and good. But yeah, when I hold to that plan I notice my body adapts and holds me to drinking often.
  • anttrail
    anttrail Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks!