Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 17

Options
13»

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just stopping in to blue team land to give a shout out! You guys rock! keep up the good work!

Love,

The Black Team
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It was the shoes!!!! :bigsmile: I wore a different (wider) pair of sneakers last night and had no problem at all! Thanks, guys. :flowerforyou:

Awesome!!! so glad to hear it was better!

Hey guys - check out my post about my first year - it's my blog entry - I am so over whelmed with what's gone on over the past year in my life!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just read your blog and what an inspiration. That is so awesome, you are definitely someone to look up to for all your hard work.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I feel like I've been hit by a 5-inch wide copy of Murphy's Law right upside the head. Found out my dad has stage 4 kidney cancer that's also in his lungs. Surgery's not an option, but he will start chemo this week. Sister-in-law also is seeing a thorasic surgeon for a growth right next to her esophagus so am hoping they biopsy that and it's not another cancer diagnosis. She's 32 and has two young daughters. And if that wasn't enough, our refrigerator went out, our roof sprung a leak, and my in-laws arrive today for a 3-week stay. Talk about PRESSURE :sick: !

However, I weighed in today and I'm down to 224.4 so it's not all bad news right? Since I may not be able to get back on maybe Rachel can use that weight for tomorrow's weigh in? Also, been trying to channel the stress into some really good workouts and not into a good emotional chowdown session, although I did cave on Sunday and ordered a milkshake! Baby steps...
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling as though I have fallen off the wagon. I have started to work one full night a week and I think it is getting to me and my weight. I am tired and grumpy and don't care about what I eat when I don't get enough sleep. I have got to figure it out I guess, but I don't always want to. :explode: :grumble: We are in the process of having me quit my job. We have not needed my income for over a year now and it has all been going into savings. I find that when I go to work, I enjoy it when I am there but the day of and 2 days after I am miserable and grumpy. To be honest I never thought I would completely quit--16 hours a week really isn't that much. But it sure has started to seem much when I just want to be home and taking care of my family instead.

I really think that working nights has led to my weight gain--considering that is when I started gaining. :smile: My goal this week is to get back on the band wagon. So I can actually meet my goals. It isn't helpful to gain weight when I have the goal of 168 looming ahead of me.

Happy weigh in tomorrow--I hope. :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Oh AZ, I'm so sorry for all that stress. Take care of yourself!
    Deb, you too. Get on the motivation to success track. This is your time to get your weight loss to a habit and to learn how to eat better. We're all here for both of you!:flowerforyou:
    I exercised today and felt so good. Actually had a decent day today. Travelling soon again. My poor girl. She's so homesick...:cry::brokenheart:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day! :drinker:

And I'm here to say I'm officially back on the wagon! Logging food, exercising, eating 3 meals a day, no more one meal of fast food and multiple sheetz lattes. I'm BACK! :glasses:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day! :drinker:

And I'm here to say I'm officially back on the wagon! Logging food, exercising, eating 3 meals a day, no more one meal of fast food and multiple sheetz lattes. I'm BACK! :glasses:

Welcome back! :flowerforyou: I :heart: Sheetz, btw. Their lattes? Not so much. But some coffee and splenda... mmmmmmmmmmm :love: :love: :love:

Weigh-in time: 240! Wahoo! :bigsmile:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Well my weigh in isn't pretty today. :mad: But I am going to log everything for this next week and then reward myself once I do. I also am going to try and spread my calories out during the day so that I don't get quite as hungry. Good luck to everyone else. :bigsmile:

hmo4 thanks for your kind words, We all have challenges and can help each other through them. That is what a support group is for, isn't it. :wink:

AZ: Good luck--I work with people who have had thoracic surgery--I wish your sis-in-law luck and good vibes. You have had a lot of stress recently. Keep up the fight. You can do it!

Rach, you can do it, welcome back!! I have decided I just need to plan ahead. We need to have a really good challenge this week. Maybe something like avoiding fast food and logging everything.

You guys are awesome! :heart:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    WOOO HOOO..

FINALLY!!!! :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

Finally I broke this "plateau". I wouldn't call it a real plateau, but since an accident a month ago, I basically stood still at around 200-200.5

198 today.

I'm in the 100's :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Way to go - my husband is at 203 and I can see in his eyes how eager he is to get under 200.....he started at 260
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well I got up at like 2pm today...and went straight to Wendy's for lunch. :noway: It really is an addiction!!! :laugh:

BUT I've accepted it, and logged it. I need to fix my irregular sleep schedule, which lately is like 4am to 2pm...and I need to get back to drinking water. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a glass of water. :ohwell:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    with that said - I have only had 32 oz today - so i am going to get another bottle right now!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Way to go - my husband is at 203 and I can see in his eyes how eager he is to get under 200.....he started at 260

Thanks chrissy. You've definately been one of my inspirations that I've found on here.

It's been a very long time since I saw 19x on the scale.
    Next target is 191, and I will not longer be "obese" according to BMI.

Water. I've had 2 glasses earlier today and just started work. In 1 hour I've had 24 oz's and going for another refill.
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOOO HOOO..

FINALLY!!!! :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

Finally I broke this "plateau". I wouldn't call it a real plateau, but since an accident a month ago, I basically stood still at around 200-200.5

198 today.

I'm in the 100's :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Awesome Job, it is so nice to see that 1 in the front isn't it? I probably won't get to see it for another year or so, but great job.
  • thumper44
    Options
    Thanks alapointe, congrads for you as well, and don't you worry about it for another year. You have a higher priority right now.

:bigsmile: hehehe.
    Does anybody else do this.

As I was getting closer, when I would jump on the scale, I would use my fingers and hide the display. Slowly moving my finger, hoping the first digit was a 1. If I saw a 2. I was semi disappointed, and looked at the rest only to see 200, or 200.5.

I did this when I was around the 210 mark.
    Look at the 2, and slowly uncover the rest hoping to see a 0 instead of a 1 as the 2nd digit.
  • thumper44
    Options
    I also have something else to be proud about this week.

Two days ago I started my form of HIIT. Run/sprint all out and then start walking, then repeat.

I haven't played baseball/hockey for over 5 years, and I don't think I've needed a reason to run for over 5 years.

It felt amazing.