I am starting to get discouraged

Options
I am beginning to get really discouraged. I know the weight changes daily but when the scale says that I have lost 9 lbs, shouldn't my clothes start feeling loser? I have been doing good, or so I thought, and I am not seeing any results except for my crazy scale that I still don't trust!! I can't walk any more than what I am at this time due to health reasons.I just don't know. :frown: :frown: :frown:

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You know the first place I lost weight? My neck and my forearms. Everyone kept saying your neck is so small. Not my butt my neck :laugh: I'm telling you this just to day sometimes you can't tell your clothes are getting loser b/c of the type of clothing you're wearing.

Don't lose hope. You lost 9lbs that is awesome!

To your health:drinker:
  • PatB52
    Options
    Donna, I get discouraged too. My scale isn't showing much change and I'm working really hard at keeping my calories under control and exercising like crazy. I think I just need patience. I know that the few pounds I have lost have made a significant change in my blood sugars and my clothes are getting looser, so I do have some positive reinforcement. Hang in there girl.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I lost it in my wrist, underneath my breasts, and where my legs join my torso FIRST (about 6 pounds worth). None of which affects how my clothes fit. But all of a sudden, after no weight loss at all for a couple of weeks, I lost 2 pounds and kablam!!! 2 sizes gone. I am still having trouble believing it..had to go out and buy some clothes just to prove it :laugh:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I haven't lost a whole lot but I didn't notice my clothes baggier when I was down 9 lbs. I lost inches a little everywhere. My kids noticed it first (how sweeet):smooched: .

My husband told me he can't tell unless I take my clothes off:laugh: :laugh: So just keep Truckin because little by little we whittle...I made a rhyme. hehe.

Your doing GREAT:glasses:
  • kankan213
    Options
    Everyone loses in different places, give it some time and you will be sure to start seeing the fruits of your labor!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I want to thank you all. I guess I am just impatient :embarassed: . I didn't even think maybe I lost somewhere else besides this big ol' stomach that I want to disappear so fast
  • donna56
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I haven't lost a whole lot but I didn't notice my clothes baggier when I was down 9 lbs. I lost inches a little everywhere. My kids noticed it first (how sweeet):smooched: .

My husband told me he can't tell unless I take my clothes off:laugh: :laugh: So just keep Truckin because little by little we whittle...I made a rhyme. hehe.

Your doing GREAT:glasses:

LOL
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I didn't notice a change in my jeans til about 15lbs when they started sliding down. I got my first "have you lost weight" from a co-worker of 10 yrs around 25lbs. At 37 lbs I've gotten comments from about a dozen people, most of whom I see on no more than a monthly basis. Still wearing the same pants-just tightening the belt more every week--but I've started wearing shirts & pants I couldn't wear for a long time. 9 lbs is a fantastic accomplishment that u should be proud of :) You'll see the clothing changes..just give it some time!
  • alovera
    Options
    another thing to remember is that weight often comes first off of your organs. i looked into doing the lapband surgery and they said that everyone has to lose 10 pounds first to make the liver (or something) lighter so that the surgery was safer. it's also good to look into metabolism information, and hormone information (jillian michaels has a great book about metabolism). other things that can affect weight loss are toxins that we eat in foods, like aspartame. hang in there!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Don't give up the ship. You are doing this to be healthier, not just to have skinny clothes.

If you have doubts about your scale, junk it and buy one that you can trust. I bought a digital one at Walgreens for about $20. I KNOW I can trust it because I can hop on and off several times and the weight always reads the same, AND it reads extremely close to the scale in my doctor's office.

When my scale says I have lost, I KNOW I have. By the same token, if I give in to temptation, my scale is not shy about telling me, and since I consider it to be accurate, I have to "listen":laugh: :laugh: Beware of what you ask for!!

Seriously, good luck. The looser clothes will come. At about 15 lbs, I could really see the difference, especially in pants. Now that I have lost almost 35 lbs, I have gone from a size 24 pant down to a size 16 jean!!! I was very pleased to discover this when I went shopping.
  • donna56
    Options
    I didn't notice a change in my jeans til about 15lbs when they started sliding down. I got my first "have you lost weight" from a co-worker of 10 yrs around 25lbs. At 37 lbs I've gotten comments from about a dozen people, most of whom I see on no more than a monthly basis. Still wearing the same pants-just tightening the belt more every week--but I've started wearing shirts & pants I couldn't wear for a long time. 9 lbs is a fantastic accomplishment that u should be proud of :) You'll see the clothing changes..just give it some time!

Thanks, after reading the replies, I think maybe I am expecting too much too fast.
    Congradulations on your weight loss. You are doing great!!!!

I had to edit this cuz after going over all the replies, everyone is doing a great job. WTG
  • donna56
    Options
    Don't give up the ship. You are doing this to be healthier, not just to have skinny clothes.

If you have doubts about your scale, junk it and buy one that you can trust. I bought a digital one at Walgreens for about $20. I KNOW I can trust it because I can hop on and off several times and the weight always reads the same, AND it reads extremely close to the scale in my doctor's office.

When my scale says I have lost, I KNOW I have. By the same token, if I give in to temptation, my scale is not shy about telling me, and since I consider it to be accurate, I have to "listen":laugh: :laugh: Beware of what you ask for!!

Seriously, good luck. The looser clothes will come. At about 15 lbs, I could really see the difference, especially in pants. Now that I have lost almost 35 lbs, I have gone from a size 24 pant down to a size 16 jean!!! I was very pleased to discover this when I went shopping.

Good for you, that is really good to hear :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Godsjewel
    Options
    Wow that is awesome to know...I too had began to get discouraged and I have lost 9 pounds but I was ready to see my jeans fall off me, but I am so happy you posted this information!! I really did not know this and it helps me to stay encouraged...thank you and keep up the good work!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64585-my-scale-isn-t-budging

Yes, I am in the same boat! That's my thread there, posted just a few days ago. It's tough, but the only other option is quitting and gaining it all back...and for me that's not an option.