Sugar-Free Oat Cookies

Options
MegDim
MegDim Posts: 3
I thought to share with you a great and easy way to get an low calorie snack making a delicious and the same time very healthy cookies! Everyone could add or switch some of the ingrediеnts following its personal taste and nutrition needs! Hope you will like it!

3 cups old-fashioned dry oats (or quick oats no problem)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon (* dash of nutmeg optional)
1 tbsp vanilla powder
1/2 unsweetened fruit sauce ( usually I'm using Baby food apple puree but always no-sugar added type)
2 medium ripe banana
1 cup ( or 1 1/2 if needed up to the oats that you'll be using) milk ( soy, low-fat or skim it's up to you)
dry fruits - raisins, cranberries or any other kind but chopped into pieces

*nuts (optional)- any kind walnuts,pecans, almonds ,etc.
*shredded fat-free coconut ( optional but going to add some calories on fats)
*In case you want to add some protein into the recipe just add some whey protein powder but this way the calories are going to increase too

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the mashed bananas, the fruit puree and at the end the milk as much as needed to make all the oats moist.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a pan and start shaping round cookies onto it. Try to make them all equal size so they would bake evenly and be ready at the same time. The yield makes about 25-30 cookies.
Put the in preheated oven on 375 F ( 175C) and bake about 20-30 min. depending of our oven.
Leave them to chill and enjoy!

Nutritional info: (only raisins added)
40 cal per cookie:
Fats 0.7g
Carbs 7g
Proteins 1.7g

If not eating all of them ( which I doubt it : )))) ) you can just put them in the freezer but after you make sure they all cooled already!

Replies

• kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Those look good! Sooo HAPPY not to see artificial sugar. Is that 1/2 cup fruit sauce?
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Love the look of these as well, can't see vanilla powder easily available in the UK, presume I could use vanilla essence (liquid vanilla)?
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    Love the look of these as well, can't see vanilla powder easily available in the UK, presume I could use vanilla essence (liquid vanilla)?

This may help.....any "bulkfood" Bulk Barn etc. type store will sell vanilla powder . And some high-end grocery stores sell it in the baking section.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...thanks!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Can anyone in the UK tell me if we have fruit sauce? No idea what it is or where to get it but these sound great.
  • kindra3434
    Options
    Can anyone in the UK tell me if we have fruit sauce? No idea what it is or where to get it but these sound great.

Apple sauce! Its substituting the egg to help bind the cookies....you guys do have apple sauce right?
  • pattykay54
    Options
    Thanks sounds YUMMY
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Apple sauce! Its substituting the egg to help bind the cookies....you guys do have apple sauce right?

Yeah, we put it on our roast pork! Lol
  • kindra3434
    Options

Yeah, we put it on our roast pork! Lol

LOL ....I was willing to bet money on it. Apple sauce and pork is good here too!
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes - any apple sauce in the condiments section in the supermarket, but saying that might be better to look if they have a healthy section as you need no or low sugar version, like a diabetic equivalent (I think) - also would think you can use vanilla essence as have looked around and vanilla powder doesn't seem to be available here in UK, so try 1/2 tsp (ish)
  • gwburris
    gwburris Posts: 1
    Options
    Just a tip -- I use a small cup muffin silicone pan for cookies instead of the sheet pans. They cook evenly and never spread into the next cookie. My family loves it. You could use the larger cup muffin pan if you want a larger cookie. But my small pan makes 24 compared to the larger pan that makes 12. When done, they pop right out with a little push.
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Vanilla powder - check out the spice aisles or go to the local deli ... it will be there, for sure! Must be. I think it is very fine sugar that has been infused with a vanilla bean pod.

Thanks for sharing. I too am curious as to the quantity of the sauce - is it 1/2 a cup? or half a jar of baby food? specific please. Thank you :)
  • hastenbeck
    Options
    bump
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MegDim
    Options
    Correct! 1/2 cup or half jar of babyfood it's up to you!
    Apple sauce is one of the best options, the oats work good with pear's or mix berries' sauce too!
    Thanks for your approval : ))
  • MegDim
    Options
    Just use any type of vanilla extract then - powder, extract or liquid, whatever works for you and you can find it
  • LornaA76
    LornaA76 Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh these look lovely, i'll have to try them for sure :smile:
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • katiejoycecross
    katiejoycecross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks!