soup weather is coming (australia)

Options
city_of_frogs
city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
Hey guys

Do you have any recipe ideas, or quick soup packages suggestions that are low in calorie I should try?

I want lower cals in my diet, to finish off my last 10kg, and something that will keep me full.

Replies

• vivo
    vivo Posts: 80
    Options
    I love campbell's moroccan chickpea soup! It's only 150 calories, delicious & hearty, and keeps me full. :)
  • vivo
    vivo Posts: 80
    Options
    Also, Continental's dutch curry and rice soup is becoming one of my faves! 150 calories as well. Hits the spot when I'm craving something more
  • ichangedmyname3
    ichangedmyname3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    country ladle butternut pumpkin! also the cup of soup things you can get are quite good and low in calories, check the contents though they can be packed with crap and full of sodium.
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love soup!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20149/roast+tomato+and+basil+soup

This is my go-to soup, its really easy and quick and good for freezing, if you make it into 4 serves its 169 calories a serve and a really good base for putting chicken or veges or beans or anything into it :)

Or this one http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2007/07/chicken-and-vegetable-soup.html, 227 calories a serve. I pretty much just rotate between these two :)
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I thought it was always BBQ season in OZ
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Vegan black bean soup always feels me up and its hearty! When you are done cooking blend a cup of the soup to make it creamy...yum
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    OOOH - lentil and mushroom soup! Blardy tasty!

Boil 160 grams of lentils in water (no salt) until tender.

Finely chop one red onion. Lightly saute in about a tsp of olive oil. Add zest of one lemon and chilli flakes to taste.

Once it's gone all soft and yummy, add 300g roughly chopped mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.

Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, a litre of vege stock and the cooked lentils. Bring it to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. It'll go a bit thicker and luscious. Add a healthy coupla handfuls of baby spinach, stir and serve.

Phwoar. I don't even like lentils and I love this soup! Could eat it every day.
  • LornaA76
    LornaA76 Posts: 3
    Options
    My carrot and coriander soup :smile:

450g carrots
    1 large onion
    1 large bunch of coriander
    1 tsp of dried coriander
    2 pt vegetable stock
    (salt and pepper to taste)
    (add single cream if you wish, 50ml)

- chop or grate carrots, onion and coriander and add to pan
    - pour in stock (boiling) and add tsp of dried coriander
    - bring to the boil and leave to simmer for approximately 30 - 45 mins
    - add in cream if you wish in last 5 mins of cooking
    - blend for a nice creamy soup

- serve and enjoy!

(makes 4 portions, 100cals per serving and that's with cream included)
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Omg some of these sound so yummy!

Tomorrow I will shop accordingly!

Also thinking of a creamy chicken soup too ;-)
  • pinkdress33
    pinkdress33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yummmm :)