Help! Newbie seeks menu ideas

Options
I really need help planning weekly menus. Where can I find some good examples online or even something interactive that may suggest a nutritionally balanced side to go with my main item I've already chosen, if such a resource exists.
THX!

Replies

• SaraBelle
    Options
    I am new too, I am anxious to see what ideas people have. Good luck with your goals!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    www.hungry-girl.com
    www.aimeesadventures.com
    www.cleaneatingmag.com

Hope that helps you.
    Welcome to the site!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I make weekly meals for my family and use a variety of recources, but I also have a culinary background that helps. BUT sme good recources are www.tasteofhome.com you just have to put in an ingredient and it gives you main dishes, sides, desserts, anything you could imagine and its from magazines of all kinds including Light and Easy and so on. Other websites, www.foodnetwork.com, www.recipezaar.com, and www.chef2chef.net. I use a George Foreman or bake a lot too for recipes too! And the more fresh fruits and vegetables you use the better!
  • bgeeke
    Options
    I LOVE Hungry Girl. I subscribe to her blog and have both her cookbooks. They make eating healthy actually fun and easy. I also like the magazine Cooking Light.
  • babydumplin
    Options
    www.cleaneatingmag.com seem like it would work well for me; thanks for the lead!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    recipezaar is good because you can select recipes and it will give you a shopping list. I love that feature! Check is out and try the recipe sifter.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Tag to read later