protein????

I am not a big meat eater so I am in need of some ideas to increase my protein intake while being able to stay in check with my fat and cholesterol intake! Help!!!

7011799.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Hi,

I like egg whites or egg substitute, there is some protein in that. Plain nonfat Greek yogurt has quite a bit of protein, it is good mixed with fruit or use it as a sour cream substitute. Low fat low sodium cottage cheese has some protein, there is a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes that I make which is deadly.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    "You don't eat no meat? Oh. Oh, that's okay. I make LAMB!"
    ~My Big Fat Greek Wedding

sorry you're not a big meat eater. Can I have yours?
  • dawn1209
    dawn1209 Posts: 8 Member
    I eat SOME meat, but not a lot, I just don't like it. I will eat chicken sometimes, turkey sausage, I like hamburger and I am learning to like salmon, but it's so BORING to eat only chicken or hamburger EVERYDAY! I have been eating cottage cheese quite a bit, so now of course I am getting sick of it! LOL!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    If you have Netflix . Checkout this documentary called FORKS OVER KNIVES...so eye opening about the whole animal products and other sources to get your protein. Its deep.....
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Kashi cereal has a lot of protein--great breakfast when paired with yogurt and fruit. Happiness in a bowl!
  • dawn1209
    dawn1209 Posts: 8 Member
    thanks all! I do have netflix, I'll be sure to check that out!!
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    protein shake...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    protein shake...

^^this

and another poster mentioned greek yoghurt - it actually has a suprisingly high protein content.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    beans, eggs, any fish, seafood, and chicken to name a few. I definitely prefer natural sources but protein powders and protein meal bars are also sources... Understand that meat based sources are more likly to contain complete amino acids and will do you more good than non-meat sources.
  • Sarauk2sf
    beans, eggs, any fish, seafood, and chicken to name a few. I definitely prefer natural sources but protein powders and protein meal bars are also sources... Understand that meat based sources are more likly to contain complete amino acids and will do you more good than non-meat sources.

Re your last sentence......not challenging you, but was wondering where this was from.
  • kaiser90
    kaiser90 Posts: 29

Re your last sentence......not challenging you, but was wondering where this was from.

eggs are the most complete protein, but yes meat sources would be good too
  • Sarauk2sf

eggs are the most complete protein, but yes meat sources would be good too

Rice and beans together form a complete protein also.