The weekend un-did all my work!

Options
Know what sucks? I basically starve all week and work out everyday. Then, the weekend hits and I like to enjoy myself- a nice dinner, candy at the movies, brunch. And guess what...yep back to the old weight. How can I diet and enjoy life?

:grumble:

Replies

• bgeeke
    Options
    I have the same problem. If I know I'm thinking about eating something bad I'll usually check the calorie count first before I eat it. Usually seeing the horific numbers makes me think twice. I also find that Hungry Girl, blog and cookbooks, have lots of good things, that look like they would be bad, for low calories. My kids can't event tell it's good for them. :)
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I think the key is to find a lifestyle change that's acceptable to you and doesn't leave you feeling deprived. When I first started out I tried making small changes. For example I tried "clean eating" I would eat the same meals but did it in a clean way. You'll be amazed at how many calories and how much fat you can cut back that way. For example Sarah Lee has a great whole grain bread that is 1/2 the calories of regular bread. So it still tastes the same but is healthier. I also started by cutting out soda and red bull and replaced it with carbonated/flavored water from walmart. I also cut out other things one at a time (chips, candy, etc). But don't totally deprive yourself. Having a candy bar once a week isn't a big deal if you stay within your calories and eat balanced meals. Last planning meals ahead of time allowed me to experiment and find satisfying meals that were nutritious. My husband and I love salads for lunch which I make using spinach, shredded chicken, apples, strawberries, dried cranberries, and almonds. I have that with a turkey sandwich and it's only 350-400 calories. We also eat a lot of fresh fruit and a lot of the vegetable steamers you find in the frozen vegetable section. Hope I didn't go on forever! Focus on eating a balanced diet and work in treats. Don't lose hope!
  • chelseamckell
    chelseamckell Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Those $%^&* weekends! If only I could skip them..... oh wait, then I'd have nothing to look forward to :smile: :happy: