Feeling blue

Hi,
I was so gung ho when I started here, making sure that I ate almost all of my calories and getting in some form of exercise everyday, even a great walk! But the last two days I have been extremely busy. I am finishing my degree, something I wish I had completed 20 years ago, but am now writing my last two exams this week and have not had time for anything, let alone my family, myself or my daughter. I am also working full time, doing a day/night rotation at the hospital. I also have been quite sick and now am finally on antibiotics for sinusitis. Blah blah blah.
I am feeling like a failure today. I went over my calories today and am writing my biggest exam tomorrow. I guess I am throwing myself a pity party.
Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Hi,
    I was so gung ho when I started here, making sure that I ate almost all of my calories and getting in some form of exercise everyday, even a great walk! But the last two days I have been extremely busy. I am finishing my degree, something I wish I had completed 20 years ago, but am now writing my last two exams this week and have not had time for anything, let alone my family, myself or my daughter. I am also working full time, doing a day/night rotation at the hospital. I also have been quite sick and now am finally on antibiotics for sinusitis. Blah blah blah.
    I am feeling like a failure today. I went over my calories today and am writing my biggest exam tomorrow. I guess I am throwing myself a pity party.
    Thanks for listening.
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    :flowerforyou:

Here's a flower... feel better, Blue!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    hang in there, you can do it. Once you are feeling better & are done with exams, you'll get back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Don't forget...the weekend will be here soon and you can take extra time for fun, fitness, and family! Same thing with me lately. We'll make up for it... we'll remind each other!
  • thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    I feel like that all the time. I get so psyched up and I go to the gym, eat well, and then boom, right back to where I started. Consistency is my biggest problem, especially when I don't feel well or I'm stressed (I have 2 little girls, one who is(n't) potty training). You're definitely not alone.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    when it comes to dieting, we all go through it
    it will get better
    we all ned a few days
    then get right back into it

:heart: :heart:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    ahhhh dont be blue the snow is almost gone.....
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    let yourself some slack hon and just get back on track as soon as you can.....maybe after your exams....but don't beat yourself up!!

I just did the same thing and today is my first day back logging and I feel really great...I went for almost two weeks w/out finishing my cals on my log...picking...slacking....but after a really healthy day and reading some posts I'm ready to begin again.....you will be too!

hugs and rooting for you!
    Ali
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    It sounds like most of your stress will be over soon! I remember how finals week in college was horrible for me. I would ALWAYS cry.
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    yeah, same here, 2 exams today, and 2 15 page reports due in a week. So stressful- makes you to overwhelmed to do anything.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    don't get yourself down, stress is a hard thing to deal with. when i was in college i gained over 50 pounds just form the stress. when i finished my degree, seriously the next day my eating habits totally changed and the weight of school melted off my shoulders. be excited for your accomplishments and know that once your done your exams the stress will be gone. all the best.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    One thing we ladies have a hard time doing is taking a little bit of time for ourselves. Go for a short walk, do some breathing exercises, attack that cutie you're holding with hugs & tickles or even just scream into a pillow.

Take a breather, all will be fine. :flowerforyou:

And good luck on your test tomorrow! :smile:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Thank you so much fro your support. My exam went well. And I am back at it. I feel like a huge weight just fell off me last night. I took some time for myself. And eating healthy feels great.
    And the sunny weather and warm weather makes my heart sing.
    Have a wonderful day :glasses: