do stretch marks go away as you lose the weight?

Options
I got stretch marks the last week of my pregnancy, after having my daughter 3mos ago my SM are still bright... will they go away as I lose the weight? Or are these battle scars I'm stuck with? Do you know how to get rid of them?

Replies

• Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lz3g8nq0Yd1qfjrr7o1_500.jpg
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    They will fade, but you'll still see a very light scar. I have some on my arms and the backs of my knees from when I was growing as a kid and they are still there. People don't seem to notice and I don't care about them. Some people say vitamin E cream, mederma or cocoa butter work for them but I'm not sure if that's true. I think they just fade with time.
  • bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My youngest child is 9 and in my experience stretch marks faid but they don't go away. Sorry.
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They will fade with time. You'll still see some light scaring, and you may get more marks with each pregancy. I don't really notice them anymore at all. The rumor is that they are genetic also. Good luck!
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

That is fantastic! I am a tiger and have earned many stripes! :)
  • Bevbl3
    Bevbl3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • tinydreams
    Options
    i havent been pregnant so i dont know about that but when ive had stretch marks on my bum and legs they do go much lighter when losing weight and stay under the skin
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options

That is fantastic! I am a tiger and have earned many stripes! :)

I like the message :D i wondered about stretch marks too.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have a lot at the top of my legs, purely because I became obese in the course of a year or so from a 'healthy' weight. As I've been losing, they've gone from the red they started off at to a shiny white.

I agree with the poster who added a picture, though. Sure, I can't proudly say that I got mine in the process of bringing a child into the world, but I'm still going to be proud of mine when I'm done. They're a very clear sign of what I put my body through, and at my goal rather than being annoyed I let myself get them, I'm going to be proud that they're the outward sign of the damage I once did inside, but don't any more.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend was telling me she bought pure Vitamin E oil from GNC and she has been putting in on her stretch marks day and night and her stretch marks have almost disappeared!!! I haven't tried it yet, I want to focus on losing more weight right now but as soon as I am closer to my goal I plan on trying the Vitamin E. Good luck!!!
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I had stretch marks on my arms, waist, thighs, and boobs and none were caused by pregnancy, just got them when I grew!! They were once bright purple in colour, but over time they faded to a clear, silver colour!! I used Bio Oil and it helped alot!! :)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    In my experience, no they do not go away completely.... and unfortunately I do not agree that I am a tiger with well earned stripes. I am a human with a self abused body. Not exactly what I would consider a great token to carry for life. I've heard there are laser treatments that can help.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have two sons - ages 19 and 18 (this july) I still have stretch marks. They are not bright but they are definately there. I'm curious to see what they do when I lose all my weight though.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend was telling me she bought pure Vitamin E oil from GNC and she has been putting in on her stretch marks day and night and her stretch marks have almost disappeared!!! I haven't tried it yet, I want to focus on losing more weight right now but as soon as I am closer to my goal I plan on trying the Vitamin E. Good luck!!!
    I had stretch marks on my arms, waist, thighs, and boobs and none were caused by pregnancy, just got them when I grew!! They were once bright purple in colour, but over time they faded to a clear, silver colour!! I used Bio Oil and it helped alot!! :)

Thanks for the ideas Ladies:flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    In my experience, no they do not go away completely.... and unfortunately I do not agree that I am a tiger with well earned stripes. I am a human with a self abused body. Not exactly what I would consider a great token to carry for life. I've heard there are laser treatments that can help.

I think that pic is in reference to stretch marks gained during pregnancy.