Newbie Today, Very Excited ...!!

Options
I signed up to MFP as I need to loose another 33 kgs to get down to my ideal weight etc. Having already lost 3 stone this last year by eating more sensibly (no midnight snacks lol), this greatly encouraged me as I realised it was actually possible for me to look good again.

I am buying an Android Phone today so I can download the App onto that too and then wherever I am, I can keep this updated and keep an eye on things.

MFP says I can eat nearly 1900 calories a day to loose 2lbs per week and reach my goal in 7 months. I think this is realistic but I still can't imagine myself nearly 6 stone lighter? I just can't wait and I hope people on here will help / encourage me?

All that weight and more went on after a Motorcycle accident / knee injury several years ago which meant I could hardly walk anywhere for a good 12 months. I comfort ate and oh dear, we all know where it went from there.

Looking forward to reading other peoples stories on here and I am very excited to be part of MFP.

Replies

• tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Will you can add me..
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Hello Simon
    3 stone is already amazing!
    mfp is great, for it helps you realize what you eat and with that awareness you rapidly change into healthier choices, at least it was that way with me.
    The site is also a great motivator to move your butt more, when you see all the other small and big successes (sp?).
    I'm always looking for active mfpeople for mutual motivation and support, i sent a friend request your way.
    Good luck on your way.
    Nicole
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey Simon and welcome!

The MFP app for android is great! I use it all of the time. I really like the barcode scanner function so you can track foods quickly and easily so make sure you download a barcode scanner app, too.

Enjoy MFP and the message boards. Lot's of motivation, ideas, and people who are facing the same challenges as you are. You're not alone in this lifestyle change!
  • simonnett41
    Options
    Hi ya, thanks for wanting to be my friend. It's nice to have support from other people in my / similar situation and I will encourage you too as I learn more. Good luck and keep in touch!
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    well done on your weight loss so far and good luck with the rest of your journey
    i am still new to all this but feel free to add me x
    i have 8 stone to lose x
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard feel free to add me !:smile:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Welcome doll! I remember my first day.... Almost 200 days deep now and loving it. Youll be addicted in no time lol add me if ya want
  • EyesOfBlue68
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great already - feel free to add me.
  • sycamorerose
    Options
    Welcome Simon! I just joined yesterday and I'm LOVING it!! The mobile app of the site is great too! You are really dedicated to go buy a smartphone just to have the app! Anyway, I would love to be part of your support system if you would like to add me!

You can do it!
  • mia1798
    mia1798 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just joined MFP today as well. I was wondering if anyone knew a little more about it....what if you don't eat all the recommended carbs...for example?

Thanks for your help.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on the 3 stone!
  • charmaineW83
    charmaineW83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    welcome today day 1 and well done on your weight lose already, please feel free to add me
  • ssonia29
    ssonia29 Posts: 30
    Options
    hey simon ,

MFP is great place , you will be addicted to it soon

feel free to add me too

thanks,
    sonia
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    your on the right track mfp worked for me it will work for you!! add me if u like!
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Donna. I have been here for 20 days as of today! Welcome!!!!
  • AdiposeRapture
    Options
    Im new too!! Love new friends
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just joined MFP today as well. I was wondering if anyone knew a little more about it....what if you don't eat all the recommended carbs...for example?

Thanks for your help.

the numbers provided are recommended. You may not want to go too high on the carbs. If you are working out it is ok to go higher on the protein as it helps with muscle repair/growth. as for fiber - I always shoot for 25 - 35 grams regardless of what MFP recommends. Good luck and I hope this is helpful.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    geez, and welcome to the OP. I love MFP it has helped me make better choices and to be fully aware of what I'm doing.
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Simon, feel free to add me. I joined on Monday of this week, so I am new on here too. (1st weigh in tomorrow).

I had lost 4 stone 4lbs through going to Slimming World and exercise 4-5 times a week. My marriage ended last summer and left me no longer going to the gym (difficult when you are a mum of two). Anyway I have regained 20lbs in that time, so I am looking at a weight loss of just under 3 stone now. On Monday of this week I decided it was time to stop messing around and finish my weight loss journey and that is when I found MFP. I love this site.

Good Luck with your weight loss and well done so far :smile: