Has anyone had success with...

Options
Tracking your food only Mon-Friday, not on the weekend, and still lost weight?

I find that I'm too busy to track on weekends, and while I don't overeat, I don't want to be bothered with it. Also, knowing that I can splurge a little on the weekends, motivates me more to stay within my calorie allowance during the week. I exercise 5-7 days per week regardless of the day of the week simply because I enjoy it.

So, has anyone tracked only during the week and still successfully lost weight? I have about 30 lbs to lose.

Replies

• martin1306
    martin1306 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Alpha 12
    When I started dieting using myfitnesspal a couple of years ago I gave myself every second weekend off and it worked a treat for me.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. It doesnt take that long. Or at the very least jot down the calories of your food for the day so you can make sure you dont go overboard. I never forget to track because whenever I dont, I lose track of what I really ate and usually go over.
  • HaylesT
    HaylesT Posts: 1
    Options
    Hiya
    I only track mon - fri and eat sensibly but allow treats at the weekends and have lost 7lbs in 7 weeks so works for me!
    Good luck x
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have had success with a single splurge day, but not the whole weekend. And I still track the day, so I know I am being honest with myself. This keeps the splurge a little smaller than it might otherwise be. I also make sure to drink extra water on that day.

When I stop tracking for a couple days, the periods eventually get longer and longer in between, so that I eventually stop tracking altogether and get lazy. So, the weight comes back. It took me a few attempts to get this through my head, though.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Tracking your food only Mon-Friday, not on the weekend, and still lost weight?

I find that I'm too busy to track on weekends, and while I don't overeat, I don't want to be bothered with it. Also, knowing that I can splurge a little on the weekends, motivates me more to stay within my calorie allowance during the week. I exercise 5-7 days per week regardless of the day of the week simply because I enjoy it.

So, has anyone tracked only during the week and still successfully lost weight? I have about 30 lbs to lose.

If I were to stop logging at the weekends, it is highly likely, I would go over my calories and so stall my weightloss at the end of the day.

IMO I have plenty of time after I have got to my goal to eat more, but first of all I need to actually get to my desired weight.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I think I need to re-think my strategy, and maybe just take 1 day off tracking and not the whole weekend. Maybe track Mon-Sat, and not Sunday. My eating habits are really not bad, I don't like sweets, and I recently gave up wine. That last one alone should help me lose some weight. Thanks again, and we'll see how that goes. :smile:
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later! I am wondering the same thing! I have a busy lifestyle and splurge a little on the weekends because of my job. I wake up earlier and at work 12hrs, therefore getting home later vs my M-F job where I can sleep in an hour longer and get to bed much earlier.

Anyone work in a hospital/12hr shifts and losing weight??? I need to learn how to manage on those days.
  • stacytaggs70
    stacytaggs70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't always track on weekends either....But I am pretty good about it thru the week and I also work out 5-7 days a week..... and still heading towards my goal....You start to get a knowledge of calorie counts in foods you eat so no matter if you are actually logging or not, you are still aware of what you are taking in versus taking off so if it works for you GO FOR IT....Our lives tend to be GO GO GO more on the weekends sometimes then the work week and yea who wants to be burdened with it EVERY SINGLE DAY?! Keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK on your reaching goal weight!! You have to do what works for YOU!!!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I try to post every day. There are times when I miss. Now, I do allow myself a 'high calorie' meal on Sat night but I know that if I didn't post I would easily lose track and really overdo it. I hope you find the strategy that works best for you.
  • laurelmc
    laurelmc Posts: 7
    Options
    Do you have a phone that supports the MFP app? It's free, and you'll be able to track quickly even if you're out running around and not at the computer. Saves me from having to remember a whole day's worth of everything I ate and the time in the evening to track it all.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I track everyday. Even on a "cheat" day. It keeps me honest.