Protein Poweder

Options

Replies

• AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you on what you want to go for but for fat loss, I would def recommend the isolate even if it's a bit more expensive (you just have to look for sales and buy in bulk).

lol you're such a bro. Are you on that Twin Muscle Workout time? Please go.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you on what you want to go for but for fat loss, I would def recommend the isolate even if it's a bit more expensive (you just have to look for sales and buy in bulk).

lol you're such a bro. Are you on that Twin Muscle Workout time? Please go.

Good response, clearly you're right and I'm wrong.

And the twins are hilarious IMO, much better than poptart fitness.

Good luck again on your fat loss goals for 2012.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use GNC - Pro Performance Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 Chocolate. It has 280 cals, 7 carbs
    and 60 protein for 3 scoops.

A bit on the high price range, but the taste is pretty good! I add it as a snack after my work out.

You can find it at a GNC store near you or online. Sometimes the have "BOGO offers.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx for the suggestions, do you know where i can get them in canada? I heard lots of good things about the one from target, but sadly we don't have a target here :(

Well, we'll have Target before too long, they bought out Zellers. You can get the Iso-Whey powder I mentioned all over the place (Fortinos, Whole Foods, etc).

yes true but i have no idea when our target close to us will open, zellers isn't closing till nov here... plus they won't end up carrying all the same brands as they do in the states... the same thing was with walmart when it came up here too....

plus what's fortinos and whole foods,lol... we don't have those either....
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx for the suggestions, do you know where i can get them in canada? I heard lots of good things about the one from target, but sadly we don't have a target here :(

You're in luck. Head out to Costco and buy Lean Fit Whey, which is the cheapest whey you can buy in Canada. Mine has 25g of protein, 2g of fat, and 2g of carbs and it costs $19.99 for 2kg (4.4lbs). Great thing about this whey is that it's produced in a GMP certified facility and it is a mixture of ultrafiltered and cross-flow microfiltered whey.

I live in Canada and I exclusively buy this. I've done my research and you won't get anything that provides more grams of protein per dollar.

ok but what does it really taste like?
  • AeolianHarp
    Options

Rah. You're an excellent judge of quality posts. Your other posts are clear indications of this.

Anyways, you're suggesting that isolates are somehow better when cutting. Please provide evidence of why this is so.

And I couldn't care less if they're hilarious. They spread nonsensical bull**** and fill people's head with retarded information that isn't remotely correct.
  • AeolianHarp
    Options
    kk but what does it really taste like?

It's not too bad. I wouldn't get the vanilla. Buy a tub of chocolate and see. It's quite cheap in comparison to the other wheys out in Canada. It's much better with milk (what whey isn't?) but it's not too shabby with water. There are other wheys I prefer if you're doing it for taste.

Check out www.canadianprotein.com. They provide 3 samples of any of their whey for $1.99 and free shipping. They make the second cheapest whey in Canada and their taste is much better.

If you want to spend more then Myofusion by Gaspari is a good choice. The macronutrients aren't as good on it, though.
  • likesmetal
    likesmetal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have used XPN Canada products in the past and liked them, trying a new company, proteinco, but haven't received my order yet, so can't comment.

Guess I will have to go check out costco, seems cheaper.
  • AeolianHarp
    Options
    Guess I will have to go check out costco, seems cheaper.

It's much, much cheaper. Don't hold your breath on the flavour, though. It doesn't taste awesome but it's decent enough that it doesn't really make anything else worth it considering the incredible price point. Canadianprotein.com does make something that tastes much, much better (you can order samples) and their 5lber is far cheaper than XPN and proteinco.Their 25lb bag ends up being cheaper than Leanfit but you have to buy 25lbs of whey.
  • Perpalicious
    Options

Good luck on your financial and physique goals of 2012.
  • Lukazetta
    Options

Rah. You're an excellent judge of quality posts. Your other posts are clear indications of this.

Anyways, you're suggesting that isolates are somehow better when cutting. Please provide evidence of why this is so.

And I couldn't care less if they're hilarious. They spread nonsensical bull**** and fill people's head with retarded information that isn't remotely correct.

538422_10150729701924425_634789424_9521575_1670609868_n.jpg
  • AeolianHarp
    Options
    That means a lot coming from someone who hides their profile and whose physique is no better than mine. Either prove your point or scurry off. If you want to insult my physique then you have the freedom to but I'd at least expect you to have a much better one than mine, which you don't.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi! 99% absorbable, tri sorb blend with soy and whey, and it tastes awesome! low carbs and low sugar, cant beat it! :drinker: Check it out at http://myvi.net/carolanne, or join my facebook page M2B with Visalus.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You keep taking your whey concentrate and keep following Matt Ogus bro.

Mirin' those progress pics too

Good luck on your body fat loss goals for 2012.

I hear doing physique callouts on MFP is pretty cool.
  • mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get the leanfit whey protein isolate from costco in Canada. It's about 36g of protein per scoop, so sometimes you only need to use half a scoop :). The advantage of getting the isolate is it's unflavoured, so I can put it in whatever I want. The other whey protein I saw at costco was all flavoured, which I didn't want.

Hope this helps :)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    what type of protein is it? seems very high. mine has about 5 carbs per serving i think and is higher in protein too
  • ickarusx
    ickarusx Posts: 8
    Options
    Dymatize Elite Whey you can get it at Popeyescanada and is around $60 Dls

Lbs. Rich Chocolate
    Serving Size1Scoop(~32.4g)
    Servings Per Container29
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 117
    Calories From Fat 14
    %DV*
    Total Fat 2g 3%
    Saturated Fat <1g 3%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 15mg 5%
    Sodium 85mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrate 2g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Potassium 160g 5%
    Protein 24g 48%
  • Philchang
    Options
    Try checking out the bulk foods section of your grocer or health food store. I buy a bulk soy protein that is 60G protein and .5g carbs for a 66G serving. I mix in my own carbs (right now going through a package of oat flour).
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    That means a lot coming from someone who hides their profile and whose physique is no better than mine. Either prove your point or scurry off. If you want to insult my physique then you have the freedom to but I'd at least expect you to have a much better one than mine, which you don't.

I already told you my point.
    Concentrate protein has more ash/fat/other unwanted constituents and protein availability in concentrate is more varied- lower than that of whey protein isolate.
    It all depends on what the person's goal is especially in this difficult financial climate since isolates tend to be a bit more pricier.

The reason I believe isolates are better for fat loss is because you are guaranteed over 90% of whey protein isolate. NOT ALL PROTEIN ARE MADE EQUAL, especially depending on where the powder is manufactured - you may want to avoid unwanted constituents in your body as fillers.
    Having said all of that, good quality concentrates/isolates will end up giving you the same results in the end.

BTW, why get so offended/defensive about your figure when I put up that picture? Wasn't insulting your physique, but making fun of Ian S.'s logic since you said the Twins give out "retarded information." If you believe that my physique is no better/ than yours than that's fine - I really wasn't trying to compare our physique.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Another fan of Myofusion here. Concentrate (yes some of use concentrates and like 'em just fine), great quality and inexpensive!