Excercises to do at home???

Options
I workout at the gym 5 days/week. On my two days off, im usually sitting at home. I'd really like to keep active. What are done activities/Excercises that you do at home? I'm looking for burning calories

Replies

• jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do work out videos on netflix when I'm at home :tongue:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Check out HIIT training

Youtube: charliejames1975
    and zuzkalight

there are others, but those a good, despite their really trashy video names
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do exercise DVDs at home I do 3 days of Hannah Watermans body blitz, and then I do 3 days of Davina Ultimate Target.
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I actually just ordered 30day shred
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Check out the book: You Are Your Own Gym on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335110355&sr=8-1

It is a guide for strength training exercises and not aerobic exercises, but follow this routing 4 days a week and wear my HRM while I workout. I burn anywhere from 160 - 400 calories per 30-45 minute workout. (But I'm a 240 lb guy so YMMV).
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can borrow exercise dvd's at the library. I like the Pilates and Yogo the best. Buy an exercise bike. You can ride for 15 minutes and burn 100 calories. Walking is also great, you don't need any equipment and can do it any time.
  • HeatherBunnell
    Options
    My daughters and I do Wii Zumba Fitness 2. It's a blast, and we burn a lot of calories! We feel goofy as can be, but we're having fun! :happy:
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    With the change of seasons try getting out. Go rollerblading, biking, hiking, or even just a walk.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Push ups, lunges, squats, ab crunches, jumping jacks, shadow boxing, martial arts, jump rope, pull ups (20 bucks for the bar that goes in the doorway) mountain climbers, yoga, pilates, stretching.....and many more.
  • laurenmaria
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing the davina DVD?
  • natk24
    natk24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crazy question, but how do you know how many calories you've burned with Your body as your gym? I just started the female version and was wondering how many calories to put down in my log? Thanks for any assistance.
    Natalie
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'd suppose that unless you have some training, this won't really help you, but I do martial arts in my living room. The burn is AMAZING if I go fast, and it really works my whole body. :)