help please :)

Options
Guys i just wondered if it is possible to loose 35 lbs by september 1st

im 5ft 6 and 201.8lbs, so i would like to be 165 really by the time i go to cyprus.... what do you think ? is it possible or if not what is more realistic. i lost 8lbs last week and ive lost 1lb in 3 days so i am aiming for 2lbs a week ( 8lbs was my first week so probably water weight )

Replies

• Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    thats an avg of 2.25lb a week , taking into account that the earlier lbs are easier to loose i think that seems high for a maintanable goal, maybe closer to 1.5 for an avg? not saying you can't loose 2 a week you just need to put in some serious work and stay strict on your eating. Good luck! nothing worth it is ever easy ..
  • knollmma
    knollmma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's possible, however, it won't be easy. I'd say your best bet would be to set your goal at 1-1.5 lbs a week. If you try to lose more, you may end up getting burnt out quickly. Unfortunately there's no instant gratification with weight loss :(

I actually have my goal set at 1.5 lbs per week, but I am consistently losing 1lb per week. I think that may be due to the fact that MFP won't set my calories below 1200/day. I am comfortable with this level because I don't feel like I am on a perpetual diet. I think that's what's been keeping me on track!

Good luck!
  • rubyannmartinez
    Options
    I think it's possible about 2 years ago I weighed about 200lbs and I lost about 35 lbs fast I know it's not really recommend it but I lost about 3-4lbs a week I was eating about 1000-1200 a week and exercising 2 hrs a day except on Sundays. I kept it off for about a year and a half but, a family loss occurred and well didn't really try as much. I stopped exercising stopped eating right soooo all the weight came back. So here I am back at 200 but not because of the way I lost the weight the first time but, because I just stopped trying. So yes it is possible it just might be a little challenging but any weight you lose is still great BETTER OFF THAN ON:heart:
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The only person who can answer that is you. Is it humanely possible? Yes. Can you do it? That's up to you to decide.