Come on, people. Buy me presents!

Options
mckshowie
mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
Ok, friends. the wedding registry has begun...

so, tell me, what are some things you wish you hadn't registered for, are glad you asked for and wish above all things you had received?

i need help! my goal is to have the smartest wedding registry of all time :)

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    what do yo have, are you just starting out...do you already own a home...do you like traditional things like china, and stemware? do you need appliances?

Congrats btw!!! thats awesome!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    money. get lots of money.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i guess i should have given specifics, eh :) thank you! we're excited.

we are BOTH homeowners - so we literally already have everything. therefore, everything i receive is going to be an upgrade or something i've always wanted, but just never wanted to buy myself! i don't want anything fancy or anything i won't use - i want to be practical. if i registered for ANY china it would be my Christmas china because of the tradition in my family of busting out Christmas china every single year.

what do yo have, are you just starting out...do you already own a home...do you like traditional things like china, and stemware? do you need appliances?

Congrats btw!!! thats awesome!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    money. get lots of money.
    word
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    have people donate to your honeymoon fund instead of an actual gift since you both have all the necessities!
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like the money idea as well and then you can buy whatever you guys want! :happy:

9821387.png
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My snobby friends talked me into registering for a set of fine china. Didn't get the whole thing, will never use what I have (I'm not a fancy person) and will never fill it in. Regular dishes did me just fine.

Was talked out of anything healthy (rice-cooker, steamer, etc) and talked into stupid unhealthy cooking stuff I'll never use.

Get money and buy things as you decide down the road. :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Kitchen Aid stand mixer - Cuisinart food processor - good dishes & nice barware.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    2 hookers, only got a used one =(
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you don't already have them, get some good quality cookware. As a set, it is often very expensive, but when bought in single pieces (as gifts) it is a very affordable gift! I second the Kitchenaid mixer, especially now that I have learned you can shred cooked chicken with it!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Good quality cook ware (if you enjoy cooking, that is). We received some really crappy, cheap, enameled aluminum pots with balloons painted on them from my cousin. He was newly wed and had received them first, chose to pass on the joy to us (I'm hoping he forgot we were at his wedding/gift opening).

One of the other odd items we received was a pair of plump, very green, concrete frogs, lounging in their summerwear. Almost nineteen years later and they are on the mantel of our downstairs fireplace...these guys have grown on me.

Add: I see rachleb and I went the same place :drinker: cookware is awesome.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    This is MFP. Home gym stuff! :smile:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It depends on your lifestyle. If both of you enjoy cooking go for the nice cookware, bakeware, kitchen knives and small appliances. If you enjoy entertaining go for the nice dishes, flatware, serving dishes, linens and glassware. If you are more "comfortable" types go for the NICE bedding, towels, throw rugs and other items to make your home comfortable. Don't forget the tools and such needed for home repair and maintenance. You can always request gift cards for specialty stores....kitchen shops, hardware stores (goodness knows with a house you need those!), grocery store, wine/spirits shops, etc.

Have fun!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Should have asked for: weight set, BBQ, honeymoon fund, towels and good quality sheet sets (use three sets, save the rest and as the first ones get ratty, switch them out)

Do you have home repairs, need an energy efficient furnace, want an he washer/dryer, plan on putting in a fire pit or stonework outside, repainting some rooms? It doesn't all have to be toasters and throw pillows.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    This is MFP. Home gym stuff! :smile:
    This right here..!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Cast Iron Skillet. It cooks good and keeps hubby in line.
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We took tons of time registering for just what we wanted and knew we would use. We ended up getting a ton of CRAP that we had not registered for (thanks to our cousins in BFE) and the stuff we did get off our registry, a lot of it was not everyday things. We did get our bedding, towels and kitchen utensils and everyday dishes....but instead of a blender, mixer, etc, got things like a deep fryer (didn't register for it and ended up returning it), a waffle iron, and some other weird stuff. So, don't stress it too much as you may not get anything on there you want. Just be sure not to put on anything you DON'T want as it seems that is the stuff people want to get!!!