New here, looking for female weightloss buddy...

Options
Hello,
My name is Melissa, 37, mom to 4, live in NY. Looking for a weight loss buddy or buddies...I'm looking to lose about 30-40 lbs. I have hypotyhroidism, and I LOVE junk food...I do not eat fruits or veggies, never have...I lost 24 lbs. last yr, gained back 10...I need someone to help me stay motivated,especially in the winter months.

Replies

• SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you melissa! My name is Sharmelle but you may call me by my nickname Shar ok. I have added you as a friend and I cannot wate to become friends.lol. my goal is to lose 79 lbs and I do eat a lot of veggies but I have problems with getting fruit in my diet lol. I love junk food myself but I have cut down and try to limit the junk food I take in. Chocolete is my favorite and I cannot live with out it lol. But what I do is pick up special K bars that have chocolete in them even though I always have reeses peanut butter cups but I limit myself on them too lol.

I wish you the best and I will be here for you as much as I can ok.

Blessings, Sharmelle or Shar
  • vampgirl57
    Options
    Hello Melissa

Welcome to MFP, this is only my second week, I am on here everyday so feel free to add me as a friend and I will help and support you anyway I can

Paula x
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    friend request sent babe x welcome on board xx
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 31 and a mother of 5 and I'm also battling hypothroidism and it sucks!!! I have about 60lbs to lose. Feel free to add me
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa!
    Welcome to My fitness pal. Its nice to meet you. Good luck in your journey! I still have about 45lbs to go before I reach goal weight or there abouts so if you want to add me feel free to do so and we can do this together xx
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!
    Feel free to add me - I'm supportive when you need it :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm 37, a mom of 4 and have hypothyroidsm too. Are we twins? Friend request coming your way!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Hi i'm Tara mom of 3 no hypo-thyroidism but boy is it coming off slowly. I'm a reformed junk food junkie who falls off the wagon usually about once a month lol friend request coming your way!
  • MACE1610
    MACE1610 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would also like a buddy. I need to lose about 60 pounds. I gained alot due to meds I had to take for some time.
  • KathleenMLewis
    Options
    Hi Melissa,
    My daughter signed me up for this last year but never used it until she spent a week on vacation with me and I saw how easy it was to record my food, and it motivated me to exercise so I could post that too! I am older(53) but have similar problems, hypothyroidism and junk food lover!! I live in Minnesota in the summer and Florida in the winter my kids are 24-30...so know it's time for me! I do exercise with a class when Im in Minnesota, but have been slow to do more than take walks at my Florida place , so I finally bought a bike , just starting to get into that!! My daughter had me change my settings to 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30%fat. You might like that as you don't like the fruits and veggies...
    Also like pure protein Chocolate Peanut butter bars for after a workout...you get your protein and carbs in to help recover from the workout...and best of all it really tastes like a candy bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa! Welcome to MFP. I hope you find the community on here to be supportive to your health goals as I have. I am on here continously, I've become obsessed haha! I do not have hypothyroidism, but I've been tested for it and it runs in my family so it's something I try to keep checked. I used to hate veggies, but have been finding more and better ways of incorporating them in my diet. However, fruits tend to not be a problem since I love my sweets! I hope your journey is successful, and feel free to add me as a friend. :bigsmile:
  • Jessica81186
    Options
    Hi everyone! New here as well. Been on a crash diet since Easter when I had my gull bladder removed. Looking to lose close to half of my current weight.
  • greenjeannie
    Options
    New to this site! Found on I phone. I have struggled with weight all my life. I was 20 pounds heavier and lost that with stress 2 years ago. Now I need to jump start my journey to be healthy for my disabled daughter. Looking for weightloss buddy also.
  • Darlene923
    Options
    Hi! I'm Darlene. I'm a 50 yr. old mom of 1 (14 yr.old daughter). I have hypothyroidism & take medication for it. I know I don't eat right even if I don't eat much. My weight seems to remain about the same all the time & I really need to lose about 50 - 60 lbs. to be healthier. I have also had open heart surgery 2 1/2 yrs. ago. I need a few friends to encourage me as I will be there for them also. Thanks!
  • schmoogie813
    schmoogie813 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm Samantha from NY, I will be 33 in June and a mom of 3. I have been on MFP for a little over a month on my phone, but just started on the boards. I sent you a friend request.
  • ClaireSD35
    Options
    HI, I'm a 35 year old mum of 2 and still have around 55lbs to lose. Feel free to add me. x
  • vickyraetownsend
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vicky, 21 from Swindon in the UK. I've lost just under 2 stone in under a year, and I'm hoping to lose around 42lb more. I'm in no hurry, as I've had a few slips and maintain my weight. They are right when you lose it slowly its easier to control and easier to keep off :) I love the support off this site. Feel free to add me xxx
  • skinnycat101
    skinnycat101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wanted to say Hey, since we added eachother already :)
  • tinekarobinson
    tinekarobinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tineka, My goal is to lose 20lbs by June. So please add me so we can support each other. Have a Blessed Day!