NSV - Clothes

Options
imthelobster
imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
So since I still have quite a bit to lose, I don't want to go all out buying clothes. But I figured since I hit 20lbs lost (not officially yet, waiting until my weigh in day for that), I would treat myself to a new pair of pants from Goodwill.

All my pants currently are 42-46, depending on when I'd bought them. I knew that they were all too big for me, the 46's by quite a large amount. So I figured I'd go and try on a 40.

Couldn't find any 40s, but I found a nice pair of 38s, so I figured what the hell, I'll try em.

And they fit!

I haven't fit into a pair of 38s since before high school.

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Yeah I'm think goodwill and savers are going to be my go to places for a while. I'm not going to pay full price on clothes I'm only going to be able to wear for a couple months.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Great job, someone told me a few months ago that if you are going for a large weight loss, go via clothes from Charity shops, they usually only sell clothes in good condition and after a few months you can re-donate them.
  • imthelobster
    Options
    Excellent! Yeah I'm think goodwill and savers are going to be my go to places for a while. I'm not going to pay full price on clothes I'm only going to be able to wear for a couple months.

Exactly. That was my thought, since I know I'm going to be losing quite a bit more down the line here.
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good Job! That is a really good idea going to re-sale shops. I'm new to MFP but, what does NSV stand for? lol
  • imthelobster
    Options
    Good Job! That is a really good idea going to re-sale shops. I'm new to MFP but, what does NSV stand for? lol

Non Scale Victory! Welcome to MFP! :)
  • SPerko4980
    SPerko4980 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling isn't it??? Keep up the good work :)
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! Congrats :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!