Anyone tried spinning?

Options
I'm looking for something to improve fitness and kick start weight loss. Local leisure centre just started to offer spinning classes so have booked induction for Tuesday. Has anyone else done this class regularly? Is it good for weightless? Thanks

Replies

• mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I used to spin 3 - 4 times a week. It got replaced by zumba, but I still try and squeeze the odd class in if I've got some spare time. It's a great way to work up a sweat quickly, and because of the variable resistance you can make it as easy or as difficult as you like. I found it very good for toning my legs, in particular.

I used to spin when I was in the relatively early stages of my weight loss and supplemented it with gym work (treadmill, crosstrainer). I was losing 1 - 1.5lb a week fairly steadily.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love spinning. I wish I had more time in the day to take the class.

I would definitely give it a try.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    yes!! I love spinning :)))
    Definitely try it
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I've been spinning 4-5 times a week for the last 6 weeks. I love it. I will admit that the first couple of classes, I couldn't stand and cycle for a long time at all. But by the time I was in the 3rd class, my endurance was a lot better.
  • prolifegirly
    Options
    I am new to it but have been going weekly/biweekly for about a month. It's really good if the instructor has good taste in music and is motivating. The resistance is always a challenge, but can be lowered at any time. it's not getting any easier for me, which is why I'm never bored for that full hour. I dont have a HRM, but I estimated that I burn close to 500 cals. I have a high heartrate though. It actually works your abs too! I would just recommend buying a padded seat cover, at least to begin with....the first class or 2 leave your butt sore...like not muscle sore, but painful like bruised. You get used to it though. This is the only spin class i've done but its really good when he has you stand, hover, sit to the beat. try it!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i did spinning once and thought i was going to die.

that being said, it was a great workout! unfortunately, the majority of the spinning classes are at very inconvenient times for me at the moment.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Yes.....I love spinning (& miss it soooo much)!!!!!!
    Used to take classes 3-4 times week but had to give it up since do not have gym membership anymore ;(
    def helped w/my weight loss, also helped tone areas & I have wonderful leg muscles now! :D
    I would recommend giving it a try .......fore warning your butt will hurt at first but it does get better lol =)
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    I not into group classes but spinning is the only one that I do.

It is awesome workout!!!
    The instructor has a lot to do on my performance. My favorite instructor is never quiet, always pushing us, make us do biceps and triceps and abs work while spinning...

I recommend that for your first class you get there early so someone can help you adjusting the bike and you can get comfy on it. And dont quit the class, if it is too much just spin at you pace.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love it and would recommend it to supplement your weekly routine... I found it to be an amazing workout that I felt so refreshed after. Make sure you get your bike set up properly and give it your all. It is great! Adaptable to any ability level or even daily energy level....I want to go now!
  • Cinders47
    Cinders47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love spinning - I do it about 3 times a week - twice with the same instructor and one with a completely different one. I prefer the completely different one and there are a few of us dedicated ones. Only thing is, I wish it was on in the morning! Try it at least three times as by then you will be hooked.
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just started getting back into spinning and love the calories it burns. It makes you feel great afterwards. Like the other post, your butt is sore from the think seats so I did buy for $16 a gel seat to go over the bike seat. It is easy to put over it and helps quite a bit. In the 45 minute class with my HRM on I burn over 425 calories usually.