The most disgusting thing.....

Options
So, I'm a regular "Franken-food" basher. Being a dietetics student (at a more advanced age than your regular college student I might add), I'm all about eating functional food and staying away from processed junk (yummy as all this tends to be). Having studied Michael Pollen and Dr. David Kessler, who prove how the food industry is making processed foods "addictive" to the human brain....and based on my own informal experiments over the years with Oreos, pretzels, cookies, cakes etc. I've collected empirical data in the form of my rising and lowering tonnage that's directly proportionate to my ability to stay away from these irresistable temptations.

I can confidently attest that Walden Farms FAILS!!!!! I will never eat their "Whipped Peanut Spread".

Even though their claim to fame (or notoriety) is based on ZERO calorie servings (which we all know is false, if you eat a whole jar of that crap, there are calories, there are just loopholes in food label regulations) It is the WORST TASTING FOOD I have ever put in my mouth. I bought a jar on sale because some people really love Walden Farms stuff and I felt I should see if it's really so great instead of just bashing that kind of thing from an ignorant soapbox. (I'm sure some of their stuff must be tastier, but I'll now never know after this experiment).

Well, I now feel vindicated. For the love of Pete people, eat real food.

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    STANDING OVATION FOR THIS YOUNG WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • StacieRoth
    StacieRoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree! If there are "no calories" in the peanut butter... then what is in it?? I'd rather eat peanut butter in moderation... I know what's in that... PEANUTS! There are somethings that I do "zero calorie" or "low carb" but for the most part I look for the reduced sugar things. My husband is allergic to Splenda, Equal, & Sweet n Low... so the reduced sugar foods have been a saving grace, he's eating healthy, and we are still eating real food.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Haha - I tried their Ranch dressing the othe rday at my dad's. It wasn't horrible. Gave a little flavor. I usually eat my salad w/only salt and pepper. But PB? No way? WTF is in that stuff if "no" calories? Weird.
  • abatres7
    Options
    Your right....we just need to stick to real food. I have greatly reduced processed food and have lost lots of weight and cravings.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have tried a couple of Walden products on the advice of others. The few I have tried I had to throw out the food I put it on the dumped the jar of Walden down the drain. Worst thing I ever tasted!:noway:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!! Franken-Food Bashers All!!!! :flowerforyou:

I've never tried the "food" you speak of but can only imagine.......

REAL FOODS people! Please go there & stay!
    I eat a few processed foods... minimal!
    Go for the healthiest & fewest number of ingredients.
    If ya can't pronounce it, don't eat it! :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My question is...how in the heck do you take something as high in calories as peanuts and turn it into something with zero calories? Anything with zero calories scares me because you know they're replacing all of the good stuff with nasty chemicals that your body doesn't know what the heck to do with.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Especially after reading Jillian Michael's Master Your Metabolism. There is a Clean Eaters thread going here, join in!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Oh, I 've never heard of Walden but I won't go out of my way to look for it!! :noway: