Anyone use PB2 ?

Options
I was intrigued at the store by it, bought it and now trying to come up with some yummy ways to use it :) Maybe in my chocolate protein shake? Just curious.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I've never understood PB2. Peanut butter's main claim to great nutrition is the heart healthy monounsaturated fats, so basically PB2 takes out the healthiest part of the peanut butter. A waste, imo.

It's kind of like somebody taking the protein out of a piece of chicken...
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've never understood PB2. Peanut butter's main claim to great nutrition is the heart healthy monounsaturated fats, so basically PB2 takes out the healthiest part of the peanut butter. A waste, imo.

Well, yeah, I know.. that makes sense ... but I didn't buy it for the nutritional content lol. :) I have my almonds, my macadamia nuts, my walnuts, my olive oil, my avocados etc for that! I eat a LOT of monos in a day lol. Basically I bought it because I can't stand the texture of peanut butter but I love the flavor. So I saw this DRY PB and thought... hmmm... that could get creatively flavorful but not add too many cals at the same time so I'll give it a try! :) I figured I would use it as more of a recipe ingredient. A way for me to get that peanut butter taste I love without actually eating peanut butter.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

It could help during a PSMF since it's low calories.

Here's a recipe I found:
    1 carton Mori-Nu silken lite tofu (any brand is fine, low cal is better)
    1 package fat free cream cheese
    1 cup egg whites (it comes in cartons)
    3/4 of a jar of Bell Plantation Peanut Butter
    1 cup of =Splenda, or to go completely carb free- liquid Splenda equivalent to 1 cup granular (flavored liquid splenda, like pb or chocolate flavor, are NICE!!...I use Torani brand)

(I often throw in some chocolate whey protein powder)

Blend all ingredients together in a blender (mixer works better) until very smooth.

Pour into a baking pan and bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes (I often double the amounts, and bake for 75 minutes)

Cool and refrigerate.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options

It could help during a PSMF since it's low calories.

Here's a recipe I found:
    1 carton Mori-Nu silken lite tofu (any brand is fine, low cal is better)
    1 package fat free cream cheese
    1 cup egg whites (it comes in cartons)
    3/4 of a jar of Bell Plantation Peanut Butter
    1 cup of =Splenda, or to go completely carb free- liquid Splenda equivalent to 1 cup granular (flavored liquid splenda, like pb or chocolate flavor, are NICE!!...I use Torani brand)

(I often throw in some chocolate whey protein powder)

Blend all ingredients together in a blender (mixer works better) until very smooth.

Pour into a baking pan and bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes (I often double the amounts, and bake for 75 minutes)

Cool and refrigerate.

Thank you. What is a PMSF? :)
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
  • mrsdobbers
    Options
    I use it in my protein shakes, delish!! I don't always want all the calories & fat of regular peanut butter so this is a great substitution.
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tablespoons w/chocolate protein powder. VERY yummy! I also make it and dip chocolate graham crackers in it when I'm craving peanut butter & chocolate (probably my FAVE combo!). It keeps me from having a Reese's :)
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff in shakes- almond milk, chocolate protein powder, PB2, frozen banana, a bit of kale (can't taste it and it adds loads of vitamins) and I am a happy girl :love:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff. Use it daily on toast. That being said, I typically have a tablespoon of good old fashioned PB a day too.

-M
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like it for protein shakes or baking, but for spreading I prefer the full fat stuff. YUM!!! I love nut butters!!!! just tried coconut peanut butter by Earth Balance. I am in love!!!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Just recently bought it and am excited to try it in my protein shakes and have found a couple recipes that call for it (along with real PB)
    Also got their PB crackers....yum yum!!! :)
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the stuff...I am a peanut butter addict. I use it for my protein shakes. For my night time snack I use 3 T. PB2, .25 t. Stevia powder and 1.5 scoops chocolate Casein protein powder blended with water and ice...Makes the most yummy finish to my day. It soothes my craving for peanut butter and something sweet. It has really helped me in my weight loss journey. Since I found PB2 I met my 1st goal and now am almost to my 2nd one. (all the calories from real peanut butter was really hindering me) remember I said I was a peanut butter addict... hahaha
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful in smoothies because you get a whole lot of PB flavor :)
    I also like it in oatmeal and in greek yogurt.
    It's a fabulous product but it doesn't come near the deliciousness that is PB.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed in with my plain Greek yogurt, with a packet of Splenda! Mmmm!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options

That may be true, but It gives me some nice peanut butter flavor added to my chocolate protein for 1/4 of the calories.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I got the 2 pack, regular and chocolate. I haven't made it into "real" peanut butter yet...just used it dry mixed in with Greek yogurt and Kashi for breakfast and used the chocolate as a topping on frozen Greek yogurt for dessert! I like it...
  • jjhertel
    jjhertel Posts: 5
    Options
    I love it in my chocolate protein shakes! Less calories and tastes awesome. :smile: