Options
13»

Replies

• funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    "Have a bite of cake, it won't hut you"

HATE that one!!!!

I love that one because it's true. A big slice of cake every day, not so good for you. A small slice of cake a couple times of week, is fine. So is a huge slice every once in awhile.

True but most of the time it is not because you want it, they dont want to feel bad about themselves therefore it is every time you go out and order something they want to judge you for what you order and throw out the line.

I'm sorry you've experienced that. I haven't. Or I've been oblivious to it because I really don't care what people think about what I eat so it hasn't been an issue for me. I think I have the opposite happen. People are amazed that I can eat "that" (whatever that is) and still be losing weight. I usually just say "that's why I exercise, so I burn it off". Hoping to encourage some of them to give exercise a try.
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi, Ive lost 40 lbs PRIOR to MFP and 30 lbs SINCE MFP..

My biggest struggle has been believing in myself. At 265 I had no self esteam. And thinking that I had 120 lbs to lose was something I never thought was possible. How I've over come that is I focused on 10 lbs at a time. I got the inital 10 lbs off then I would think ok im at 255, now just gotta get to 245, then Id get there then think ok now just get to 235 and so on and so on. Today I am 195!! I have 50 left to go but im just focused on getting to 185, then Ill change focus to the next set. When you tell yourself, "just lose this 10 lbs", it works out so well.

Im so gonna do that! THANKS....... on average how long did it take to lose 10 pounds?

what a great way to do it!!!

awsome job too btw
  • Sjvarley123
    Sjvarley123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump - really interesting, thanks to all who have taken the time to post, really really helpful :flowerforyou:
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive lost 40 lbs PRIOR to MFP and 30 lbs SINCE MFP..

My biggest struggle has been believing in myself. At 265 I had no self esteam. And thinking that I had 120 lbs to lose was something I never thought was possible. How I've over come that is I focused on 10 lbs at a time. I got the inital 10 lbs off then I would think ok im at 255, now just gotta get to 245, then Id get there then think ok now just get to 235 and so on and so on. Today I am 195!! I have 50 left to go but im just focused on getting to 185, then Ill change focus to the next set. When you tell yourself, "just lose this 10 lbs", it works out so well.

I say I am on stage 2 of level 1. Level one being to get to the halfway point of what I should lose for my height. I'm nearly there. Had I thought "OMG I need to lose 100lbs!!" I would NEVER have done it. I'll have a break when I finish level 1 for a while (well, thats the plan) and then work on level 2. I'm sure that will be harder.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    people who try to make you feel bad because you are losing was a biggee...

"you don't look like you've lost that much"
    "Have a bite of cake, it won't hut you"
    "You don't eat like that ALL the time do you?"
    "How can you eat vegetables"
    "Well, I heard THAT diet doesn't work (takes another bite of their big mac)"
    "That diet is dangerous" -Really? you should see my blood work, that is done monthly...

I get this occasionally. I used to be polite and patient but sometimes it just irks me so I snap back that I have diabetes, even though I don't anymore, they always shut up afterwards.

Speaking of diabetes, after losing 100 lbs. I reversed it and it went away. No more meds! :smile: However my doctor says I can easily get it again if I slack off. i.e. go back to my old habits. crappy diet, no exercise. So because of this, I have a hard time taking a day off of exercise. I force myself to do nothing 1 day a week. Some peeps beat themselves up when they eat bad, binge, the scale shows that they gained 0.000000¼ lbs. Not me. Instead when I "skip" or miss out on a workout. I feel like crap :frown: and beat myself up over it at times. I am improving on this though.

also confidence. especially with the opposite sex. I am shy to begin with. I have a hard time talking to girls. being fat all my life doesn't help either. even though I know I lost all the weight, I still see the same big guy from before. :indifferent:
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Still seeing myself as fat so not trying to loose weight in an appropriate way for my current weight and failing

Waking up to how low my weight should be ... 12 or 13 not 15 or 16

Just how little you need to eat to eat normally
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just Keep GOING!!

Bad day! Start a new one.

Don't feel like working out today! Do it anyway!

Great day with NSV! Revel in it!

The Scale does not define you as a person.

Also do personal affirmations.

We do this because we love our bodies not because we hate them.
  • jhefti13
    jhefti13 Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!