45 lbs lost - before & during pics

Options
gerbies
gerbies Posts: 444 Member
Though in many ways I'm still a "before" picture, looking at pictures I took this morning and comparing them to when I started my weight loss journey, makes me feel good about how far I've come. To date, I've lost just shy of 45 lbs; I'm about 40% to my overall weight loss goal. In a nutshell, here's what I've been doing:

In mid-November, I started the P90 workout program and completed it in mid-February. I ate about 1400-1600 calories per day (though it was tough during the holidays). I lost 38 lbs during that time.

I took a "break" from mid-February to the third week of March - I gained almost 10 lbs during this time, just eating whatever I wanted, going out a lot, etc (although a good chunk of this gain was from a very fun vacation).

I started Jillian Michael's new Body Revolution program in late March. I average 1500 calories a day or so, though I tend to have one higher calorie day per week. I just completed 4 weeks of the program and have lost 16 lbs so far.

Please note that these photos are embarrassing, but I know that this was the way I looked when I started. Thanks for letting me share :). Please be kind.

Before side profile (11/15/2011):
KellenNovemberDecember018.jpg

After side profile (4/22/2012)
April22004.jpg

Before back shot (11/15/2011) - I see this and am mortified, embarrassed, horrified...:
KellenNovemberDecember019.jpg

After back shot (4/22/2012)
April22005-1.jpg

Replies

• teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing keep up the great and hard work it is paying off. :-)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Though in many ways I'm still a "before" picture, looking at pictures I took this morning and comparing them to when I started my weight loss journey, makes me feel good about how far I've come. To date, I've lost just shy of 45 lbs; I'm about 40% to my overall weight loss goal. In a nutshell, here's what I've been doing:

In mid-November, I started the P90 workout program and completed it in mid-February. I ate about 1400-1600 calories per day (though it was tough during the holidays). I lost 38 lbs during that time.

I took a "break" from mid-February to the third week of March - I gained almost 10 lbs during this time, just eating whatever I wanted, going out a lot, etc (although a good chunk of this gain was from a very fun vacation).

I started Jillian Michael's new Body Revolution program in late March. I average 1500 calories a day or so, though I tend to have one higher calorie day per week. I just completed 4 weeks of the program and have lost 16 lbs so far.

Please note that these photos are embarrassing, but I know that this was the way I looked when I started. Thanks for letting me share :). Please be kind.

Before side profile (11/15/2011):
    KellenNovemberDecember018.jpg

After side profile (4/22/2012)
    April22004.jpg

Before back shot (11/15/2011) - I see this and am mortified, embarrassed, horrified...:
    KellenNovemberDecember019.jpg

After back shot (4/22/2012)
    April22005-1.jpg

You're doing fantastic! Keep it up!
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    YOU look great! Way to go
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! And now you have "during" pics! Keep up the great work!
  • rocklguz9
    rocklguz9 Posts: 18
    Options
    Kudos to you!!! How was the P90? I will be starting tomorrow and I'm already intimidated. Did you buy the "suggested" extras? Thanks!
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome transformation! Keep it up!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!! How was the P90? I will be starting tomorrow and I'm already intimidated. Did you buy the "suggested" extras? Thanks!

I liked P90, though I got a bit board about 1/2 through. I wasn't quite ready for P90X, so I decided to go with Jillian Michael's program, which I like better than P90. P90 was created in the late 90's/early 2000s and it sort of feels like it, if you know what I mean. The great thing about P90 or the new program I'm doing is it's only 30 minutes a day and that's it (unless you want to add more). I pretty much do the program as except for some yoga classes and the occassional kickboxing class.
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No need to be kind - the truth is you look great. I'm glad P90 and Julian are working for you!! Thanks for posting.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You really be PROUD of yourself! You have done an excellent job! Congrats on your success!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. What a difference in your arms and face. Keep up the great work!!
  • TL0105
    TL0105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have done a fabulous job and should be very proud of yourself!! Keep up the great work!!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!! keep up the good work, you look great :smile:
  • kleinhome
    kleinhome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!! KEEP IT UP THE GOOD WORK GIRL!
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. I hope that in 5 months I have awesome results like that.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well, congrats on what you have acheived so far!
  • RothesayRose
    RothesayRose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Check out those emerging CALF MUSCLES - Swaeeeeeeeeeeet! Congrats, you're doing Gr-r-r-reat!
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow! Girl, you rock!!! :)
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! I am still nervous about taking my before pictures- ughh, hate looking at myself. WTG on losing the weight!
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    wow you have done fantastic and all your hard work shows ,well done x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!