Is there such thing as to much cardio?

Options
I do cardio every single day, I try to always do atleast a half hour of running on the treadmill or elyp. everyday and then atleast 10 minutes of the bike. Is it okay to just do weights one day? I have tried to do it but I feel like I have done nothing at the gym when I don't do my cardio. Is that normal? Or am I just being paranoid?

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Some people don't believe in taking rest days, but I believe in rest days. I take 2 rest days a week. The body can use rest days. Strength training is good to do. 2 days a week would be good to do. You can do 40 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training.

I rather do cardio/strength than to do just solo strength training.
  • peachpearl1
    Options
    i usually try to have a rest day or a day where i only do like 10min on the elliptical and then do strength training. you can def over do cardio, which i have done before and it sucked because then i couldnt do any for over 2 weeks because i hurt myself! i was running on the treadmill a lot and had been going to the gym 2x a day even when my ankle was getting more and more sore, after awhile i couldnt even walk on the treadmill anymore! strength training is good to do a couple times per week anyways even if its not just to do something besides cardio.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't start seeing results until I cut out so much cardio. Your body eventually starts to adapt and burns less with the same workouts. Weight training will show more results if you lift heavy.