Restarting...

Options
...for the 4,815,162,342nd time. Since January 2011, I've lost about 40 pounds total. From 1/11 to 7/11 I lost about 35 pounds, then gained 5 by 1/12, then lost 15 by 3/12, and have now gained 5 back. Right now, I am in a pretty vicious cycle--I only exercise a couple times a week and I'm eating at least 2,000 calories a day, though today, I think I'll end up somewhere near 3,000.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 135, about 55 pounds from where I am now, but I won't get there if I keep up my present behavior. So I'm hoping that by being more active in the community, I'll be more dedicated to making the right choices by exercising consistently and choosing healthier foods. I've been going to acupuncture for weight loss and for managing my fibromyalgia pain, but it hasn't helped with the emotional eating. Blech.

Replies

• sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want friends, support, etc. I'm fairly new to the community but I've been using mfp off an on for a little over a year. I feel the same way as you about stopping and starting. The important thing is you have recognized your need and you are taking action towards progress. You can do it!
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and continue to hold yourself accountable by logging in everything you eat. Even if it take you over your calories for the day. At least you will be well aware of what you are doing and I bet you money it will force you to want to change. Set a goal ( and you have) and stick to it !!!
  • whatiseenow
    whatiseenow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm going to go for a run to help me get out of the funk today!
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I am starting myfitnesspal for the first time. I just started this month, but have done the vicious 'gain weight, lose weight' thing for the last 5 years. One thing I have done that might help you is to recognize a lifestyle change that has to be made. Like you, exercise is incredibly difficult for me to squeeze into my week. Therefore, I have made a few food changes that have helped me out a lot. I keep strawberries, turkey meat, apples and baby carrots in my fridge and pull them out for my quick morning breakfast, along with a delicious cup of coffee. I also pack up what I need for lunch a day or 2 ahead of time so I can grab and go. Just keep a few things on hand that you can grab in a flash when you're feeling the need for something. Good luck!:wink::wink: