Crunches and push-ups???

Options
Should I do crunches and push-ups everyday? Or should I only do them every other day to allow for muscle rebuild-ation?? (I know that's not a word :laugh: ) Any thoughts??

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    i think every other day
  • mishell
    Options
    Hi..

The stomach is the only area you can work on every day. I am not sure about push ups though.
    Good luck...

mishell
  • Tinker73
    Options
    well th experts suggest that you work on your stomach 3 times a week and push ups you can do every day but should rest to restore muscles.:flowerforyou:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Experts can talk all they want. Just listen to your body. What works for you may not work for everyone else.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Chad Waterbury ( you can look up some of his articles, I just purchased a book that he wrote)-a physiologist and author suggests that it is fine to do something like push-ups 6 days a week with one day of rest. Now if you do enough push-ups to where you get sore, then you will want to rest to let your muscles recover. When I can't lift weights for an extended time, I will do push-ups every day to make sure I don't lose muscle and when I return to lifting weights I can usually start right back from where I left off.

He uses the vegas performers that feature strength and flexibility as examples, they perform twice a day six days a week.