Advice for me! 23yr old double lung transplant

Options
Hello Everyone,
Okay am a 23 year old, am trying to lose some weight in order to recover faster when i get my double lung transplant and well to be healthier. :) I hope so much for it to happen soon. I did this whole thing awhile back and lost about 10lbs . but i see like my weight goes up and down up and down. and idk since then i feel very pressured by my weight with whole transplant and well mom to. I guess i just get tired of eating the same thing and idk just everyone advice. anything am open to!! :) HOpe to make some friends.

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would talk to my doctor before starting any weight loss. That is some major surgery right there.
  • craniallili89
    craniallili89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, i have a nutrion doctor that works with me.. :)
  • melneh
    melneh Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey you!! the best piece of advice that I got was that it took awhile to get on there so it is going to take even longer to take it off. Sometimes I get super impatient with the whole process and like you, get seriously tired of eating the SAME DAMN SALAD MEAL for lunch almost every day, but then I sit back and remember that no matter how badly I want to quit, there is nobetter feeling than knowing that when I go to bed, that I did the best I possibly could for that day.
    Sounds kind of lame when I reread it, but eh.. it works!

ADD ME!!!!!!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck with your future transplant. I hope it happens for you soon. I understand the difficulties of weightloss with medical conditions. I wad born with a heart problem that required surgery as a child and will require it again when I am older. I am trying to do everything I can to get in the best possible shape to prolong the need for that surgery. Its hard tho when you are told all the things you can't do, but never the things you can do. I truly wish you the best!