Need a life change

Options
Hi!!!!! I'm Reita. In my late teens/ early 20's a was a gym addict. I went several times a day. I had a major life setback in 2008 and I have been watching my weight climb slowly since. I'll be 30 this year and im 176.9 lbs and im not happy. I woke up 4 days ago at 6am (I usually don't get up until 11am...I'm NOT a morning person by far) and I went to the gym and got a membership. I had a health assessment and saw how bad my health and fitness has actually gotten. My goals: lose 40lbs, eat healthier, stop smoking and drink 80oz of water every day and all by my daughters 4th birthday in September. I think I can do this.

Replies

• thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think you can too :o)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. I know you can do this. I am not a morning person. I excercise in the afternoon. Good luck on your journey.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think you can too! good luck :):flowerforyou:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Best of luck to you.
  • AngieCook09
    AngieCook09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Goals seem reasonable to me. Add me if you need support!
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job making the first step. Just keep on that path and you will be where you want by September!
  • jouradnik
    jouradnik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT, Reita!! ... And don't beat yourself up too much if you slip up. Notice the little (sometimes really really tiny) things that you do "right" that you CAN celebrate. You are the very best person to make the very best YOU! :smile:
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    Yes you can achieve your goal with will power and determination
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can do it! no problem : )
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Hi Reita! I have a similar background.... In my college-age years I was HUGE into lifting, running, etc. and started getting off-track for various health reasons around 2008 as well. I'm 28 now and lost most of my weight (working on the vanity pounds) so I will say -- you can ABSOLUTELY do this.... And it does get easier! :) If you know what to do, all your knowledge will come back. I was a little shaky at first but now all the old correct form, etc. is becoming second nature again.

Feel free to add me here. Good luck!!

P.S. I am NOT a morning person and since I work from home, don't have to be... I just work out mid-afternoon when I feel like it. No reason to force a 6 a.m. workout if you don't have to. ;)
  • hlp7164
    hlp7164 Posts: 16
    Options
    I clearly understand where you are coming from... Great job on making it to the gym. I think once your mind is set, anything is possible. On my days I telework from home, I made a promise to hit the gym in the mornings, and so far I have... GOOD LUCK!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex gym rat too, I missed it and finally snapped and just made it happen. I don't spend as much time in the gym because I just don't have it but I'm making it work.

so yeah you can do it, I'm half way there myself.
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can do it! But remember, if you only get halfway there by September, that's okay too.. it's all in the journey!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking in January. It's a challenge, daily, but totally do-able!!!
  • reitapita
    Options
    Hi Reita! I have a similar background.... In my college-age years I was HUGE into lifting, running, etc. and started getting off-track for various health reasons around 2008 as well. I'm 28 now and lost most of my weight (working on the vanity pounds) so I will say -- you can ABSOLUTELY do this.... And it does get easier! :) If you know what to do, all your knowledge will come back. I was a little shaky at first but now all the old correct form, etc. is becoming second nature again.

Feel free to add me here. Good luck!!

P.S. I am NOT a morning person and since I work from home, don't have to be... I just work out mid-afternoon when I feel like it. No reason to force a 6 a.m. workout if you don't have to. ;)

I don't really have time in the evenings and I like the gym to myself haha ;) I also work frome home too! We do have a lot in common!