anyone change their calories daily?

Options
I've checked out a few diaries and noticed that some people change their caloric goal almost daily...Does that seem to work better? mine is at 1600.. should i switch it up?

19111718.png

Replies

• angelashay42
    Options
    Are people really changing their calories on purpose or is it just fluctuating because of exercise calories? My guess would be the latter. If you exercise, you can eat more that day.
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That may be an adjusted goal when exercise is added.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    What do you mean they change their calories daily? Some people maybe eating back some or all of their calories burned from working out plus the base calories that are set in MFP. MFP calories are set so that you can eat back some or all your workout calories.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    oh...lol!....feel a bit dumb right now

19111718.png
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Yes the number that MFP gives you is a baseline without any exercise. If you excercise, MFP credits you those extra calories and you get to eat more that day. My intake changes daily based on how much I exercise each day. On days that I do not exercise, I try to eat only that baseline number or fairly close to it.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think you may get the answers that people change their calories daily according to their amount of exercise or that they calorie cycle. Some people have BodyMedia FIT devices so their calories are based on what they burn the day prior...
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're changing their goals everyday...they're probably exercising which earns more calories.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I don't change mine daily. Since I have been here I have changed it maybe three times. Changes in shifts at work and jobs had me redo mine. The last change was for maintenance.

If you are losing well with 1600 then stick with it. Just remember, nothing less then 1200.
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    I changed my goal to lose 1 pound a week so my calories per day increased. I've lost 3 pounds this week after doing that. I hadn't lost anything in 2 weeks before I did that.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Sorry I laughed at you on that one.... but in good spirit......
  • Darlingir
    Options

Sorry I laughed at you on that one.... but in good spirit......

no worries!:happy:
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I change mines weekly to whatever my BMR is. It's not a lot of difference but idk that's just what i like to do.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Im not sure this is what you are seeing here lol.
    However some people do something called "calorie cycling". I have done it in the past and found it worked very well for preventing and getting me out of a plateau!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My calories change... I usually have a higher calorie range on weekends and lower on weekdays.
  • dtpss188
    dtpss188 Posts: 85
    Options
    I used a plan years ago that asked you to change calories daily and to alter the balance of calories consumed between the 3 meals. ie. if you had a 400 calories for breakfast on Tuesday, then eat 300 or 500 calories for breakfast on Wednesday. The recommendation was to do the same for lunch and dinner. Likewise, if you ate 1800 calories on day one, you might eat 1700 on day 2, 1600 on day 3, and back to 1800 calories again on day 4. The theory presented in the plan was that by altering your calories you kept your body from adapting to a given level of metabolism and therefore would not go into a fasting mode.

The plan worked well for me at the time. I don't really pay attention to it now.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    Im not sure this is what you are seeing here lol.
    However some people do something called "calorie cycling". I have done it in the past and found it worked very well for preventing and getting me out of a plateau!

yes..and that's what i thought some were doing...