weight loss and clothes :/

Options
2»

Replies

• caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    I took my old t-shirts and made them into tank tops :) Here is the video I used to show me how :)

http://blogilates.com/fashion-2/diy-workout-racerback-t-shirt-video-tutorial
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have been visiting my local church thrift shop for $2 jeans that can not be beat. 2 weeks ago I scored a pair of brand new Lauren Jeans for $2. You can be amazed at what you can find.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have gone down 8 sizes so far and it has been hard to keep up with the clothes, I suggest thrift stores, swap n shops on facebook (if you have one in your area) and freecycle (google if they have one in your area). These are some of the places I have scored my awesome "in transition" wardrobe for very cheap.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I had my pants fall off me the other day :(

The thing is I am a complete and total Diva - What would Gaga Do? Kinda girl.

So I have been buying lots of new clothes... finances be damned!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's hardly an instant solution, but consider learning how to sew. In time, you might be able to make things for yourself and learn to alter things from thrift shops.

If you do it, learn how to sew well, and understand that it's takes a long time to master. Fitting is a separate set of skills, as is design savvy.
  • gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I was losing a lot of weight (sorta slowed down right now but toning up well) I would post a message to all my friends on facebook that I was looking for a certain size. I was surprised at how many people were willing to offer me clothes...now they may not be entirely your style LOL but I found that if I stuck to the simple things like jeans, capris, shorts, tshirts and tanktops the stuff that most people had worked ok, especcially since I knew I would only be wearing it till I lost more and needed EVEN SMALLER CLOTHES!
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Have a clothing swap with your girlfriends! I do it about once a year, just to swap out stuff that bores me.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The clearance racks are now my friends! I've gone down about 6 sizes, I usually need to buy clothes every other size when the belt no longer does the trick. Even if I don't LOVE it, I'll buy it if it's 6 bucks! I get stuff knowing that it probably won't fit in a month so why buy spendy stuff? Once I reach the goal weight, then I'll go back to some more expensive stuff that I've wanted..
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    try a consignment shop, maybe you can trade for a few that fit now.
  • elisabej
    elisabej Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OK I'm going to be nice and share my secret weapon...I go to www.shopgoodwill.com and get some fantastic deals. :) I have gotten name brands (Coach, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, etc) for some AMAZING prices. It's an auction site and you need to have some patience to sort through and bid on stuff, but the rewards are so worth it. I would have gone broke long before now after dropping my weight. Also if you live in a city that has a Junior League, most of them have a "Warehouse" with clothes that they sell and again, they are the name brands I mentioned above for some absurd prices.

Other options are to do a search for "seasonal consignment sales" in your area, they have some fantastic deals and usually on the last day they have everything at 1/2 off. My local consignment shop takes my old clothes and gives me store credit. I'm about to go in and see what they have for summer for me. :)

Don't despair, you have come so far!!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    sitting here looking at all my clothes .
    they fit in one laundry basket .
    one .

i have one pair of pants ,
    that aren`t even jeans ,
    they are grey yoga pants

i have a couple shirts that are pretty baggy but i kept them for sleeping and other things .

i feel so bad for losing all this weight
    because my dad lent me 100 bucks at the beginning of the year to get new clothes ,
    and now i don’t fit them .

and I don’t want to ask him for some more money to get new clothes .

i`m going to become a hermit now .

hello no social life .
    hello depression .
    hello terrible eating habits . 

Tell your dad how your doing and that your clothes don't fit. I'm sure he will kick in another $100 for you. It's what he is there for. Just don't buy anything too expensive for the next few months.

I do know how you feel. I am frugal. I have 1 suit, 2 work shirts and 2 pairs of jeans that fit. The rest is all a bit baggy on me. I am just keeping clothes at a minimum at the moment untill I can maintain at a fixed level. The 2 new suits I bout 9 months ago are total right off.

If you have a birthday coming up you should suggest clothes as a gift?

Don't be sad. Think of the shape you can reach and be happy at and work to maintain that level. Enjoy the success. You look great!
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another idea. Check out freecycle. It is a site where people in your area post things they want to get rid of or you post what you are looking for. I have been very successful in getting rid of all kinds of stuff on it.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    sitting here looking at all my clothes .
    they fit in one laundry basket .
    one .

i have one pair of pants ,
    that aren`t even jeans ,
    they are grey yoga pants

i have a couple shirts that are pretty baggy but i kept them for sleeping and other things .

i feel so bad for losing all this weight
    because my dad lent me 100 bucks at the beginning of the year to get new clothes ,
    and now i don’t fit them .

and I don’t want to ask him for some more money to get new clothes .

i`m going to become a hermit now .

hello no social life .
    hello depression .
    hello terrible eating habits . 

Do you have a sewing machine? If so, take all the seams in, they will then fit.
  • myiamilone99
    Options
    I have been the same size for a long time and I have a large collection of vintage clothing. I know I have to alter them, I am already 2 sizes smaller (size 12 to 9). Alterations are not that badly priced depending on what needs to be done. As also said, thrift stores are my best friend. It's been hard havingy favorite jeans not fit, but now I am wearing more of t dresses. I dropped $100 on lucky brand jeans in January and I can't even wear them :/
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    First world problem (: Goodwill ftw