Running NSV

Options
donrdon
donrdon Posts: 216 Member
So I've been running since Sept. training for a 1/2 marathon in June. Today I went out and ran the13.1 miles in 2hrs and 10minutes!!! This is huge for me. Last year at this time I couldn't run across the street without being winded. At first I wasn't sure I could run the distance but after today it's all positive. So now I figure to try and shave a couple of minutes off the time before June 17th.

Replies

• ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!! Way to go - sounds like you've been training hard!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done.
  • dawnschrecengost66
    dawnschrecengost66 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! That is so awesome !!! Great work, and isn't it awesome to be able to see how far you have come.
  • bcgirlerin
    bcgirlerin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW THATS GREAT..... WAY TO GO ....
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    WTG! I am sure you will do well. Are you following a plan? or shooting from the hip? Jeff Galloway or Hal Higdon both have great plans. I ran 3 marathons and 4 half marathons.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Nicely done! I've recently really upped my distance too! If you'd told me a year ago I'd be running a half marathon I'd have laughed in your face! Feels good doesn't it?
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    amazing NSV!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Awesomw, can I ask you a few questions. I started running 8 wks ago and just did my first 5k yesterday. How is the best way to increase my distance. I am not at all concerned with speed as it seems I have just one and that is ok with me, my goal is to just finish. I did my 5k in 33 min and im sure that it could have been better but so many people, slow start, maneuvering around strollers, people with dogs and walkers slowed us up a bit. I am just not sure what my next step is. I have another 5k in may and I am shooting for a few more before my freak 5k in Sept, which is a mud/obstacle course type run. Thanks for your help in advance!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    That's a great time. U have plenty of time to shave minutes off of that before your race. Good luck!!!
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been "sort of " following Hal Higdon's 1/2 program. The only thing was that when I started the program my mileage was higher than where it started so I've been following it except for the long run on the weekend (kept the distance I was already doing) and continued to increase it by 1 mile a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!