My Spouse is Getting Fit 'Cause I'm on MFP :)

Options
My Hubby does a lot of our cooking and when I began MFP he began cooking healthier meals for us. At first I drove him crazy with measuring everything - now he calls me in to the kitchen at the appropriate time to "do my measurin' thing" :happy:

He's been trimming down without trying just because we're eating healthier. Yesterday, HE had an NSV. We went to the store and he was wearing his size 36 jeans (ready to fall off of him) and he left with 3 new pairs of size 34s!!! I think I rightly claim this as an NSV for me too - he says he can chase me around the house faster now :wink:

Anyone else seeing healthy changes in your spouse as a result of your new lifestyle?

Replies

• KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    YES ! ! And your hubby's NSV is awesome, BTW ! !

I'm seeing the same thing with my hubby. He's trimmed down quite a bit - and he's actually joined MFP, but is finding it difficult to log on and keep going with it when he's on the road (he's a truck driver). But at least he's more aware of what he's eating, and is eating healthier/cleaner. He seems to be genuinely interested in the tidbits of info on nutrition that I've been looking at, and I share with him when I can. I've noticed that his clothes are getting a little bit looser on him ! He hinted around at wanting to get a new pair of running shoes, so I bought him some, and I believe he's been walking and/or running when he gets a chance to. It's been great ! ! I think he's been impressed with the changes he sees in me, and wants to keep up - at least, that's what he mentioned...

:bigsmile:
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is great - that's an amazing ripple effect!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Mine joined MFP a week after I did. He is a tech geek so when he discovered the phone app thing, he was all over it! We went out to lunch today and he was like, "I'm not going to worry about my calories today" then when we sat down he whipped out his phone and was putting menu items in it to check the calories before he ordered! LOL I love that we are doing this together. It makes it so much easier :)
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My husband and 19 year old son are both losing weight. I do most of the cooking and just cook healthier but, hubby does cook too. He will also call me in to weigh my food. He knows I would rather weigh it myself.

I think they are both getting the bug by watching me. Yesterday they came home and each had their own Stability Ball. They know I love my ball workouts and wanted to do it too. They are both sore today. haha

Neither has an interest in joining MFP. They are both happy to reap the benefits of heathier lifestyles.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Nope. My boyfriend maybe eats a teeny bit healthier now, but nowhere to the extent I do. He brought and ENTIRE box off candy bars into the house and I have been good and only eaten 2 our of the 30-something.

I love him to death, but his lack of health motivation sometimes worries me...
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes! My husband is eating more healthfully and I'm so glad. I think he's lost about 3 lbs, but on his frame, that means quite a bit. He used to eat chicken wings, pizza, etc... for lunches. Now he takes hard boiled eggs and fruit from home. It's a win win - he's eating better and we're saving money. :) I'm really proud of him.
  • kitiarascott
    kitiarascott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    last time i coaxed my boyfriend onto the scale he had lost two pounds! Just from eating a tiny bit better and drinking a lot less pop (he drinks it like its going out of style :grumble: ) and i've convinced him to join a gym with me! baby steps but hes getting there! haha
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is what it's all about...what a great story!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    good for both of you
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I decided to lose weight together. He insists he is not as strict as I am, but everytime I give him food he asks how many calories. So he's not logging on MFP, just kinda counts in his head. He has lost over 30 lbs this year.
  • peachwine
    Options
    How cute. Great story. I am trying to get back into it. I lostmy momentum. Thanks for sharing!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yup! We both are working out and the poor guy is having to eat healthier if he wants a "good home cooked" meal. He still snacks like a fiend but he's getting there. :D
  • chunsagirl01
    chunsagirl01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Same thing happened here hubs has lost 15 pounds and myself 22.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My man will probably experience the same since I'm sure I will be doing all the meal planning once we live together in september :) He just recently started running again so he may have already lost a bunch by then though! He loses weigh easily once he throws in some exercise.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    ummmm ya...since i joined mfp july 2011 (i had a different account) my hubs has gotten RIPPED...and im not kidding...he said he wasnt going to have me looking the way i do...with him looking how he DID...which btw was not bad at all...LOL. but definitely better now!

he eats like a macro nazi now too...he is WAY worse than me.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    My wife has not tried she is the same old sexy woman she has always been. She has had a six pack since the day I met her and two kids later it still looks good. She eats like crazy anything she wants. Some people just have it lucky.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My husband is trying to eat better because our daughter and I are doing it. Unfortunately, he takes a small amount of prednisone for a chronic lung condition, and it's enough to keep him from losing weight. At least the dietary changes have stopped him from gaining.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!