Fat Burner Pills vs. Muscle Toning Pills

Options
Hello Everyone. I am in need of some opinions and/ or results. I am 26 years old. I am in great shape, workout about 5 to 6 times a week . I want to loose 7 pounds and I want to add a fat burner pill or muscle toning pill to help me burn off these last couple of pounds. the problem is I do not know what to take. I have tried Oxy Elite Pro, which made me feel sick. Lipozene, which really didn't do anything and Phentermine, which made me feel sick also. I need suggestions to what other products out there are worth me taking that dos not cause side effects and that have no caffeine. If you are taking something please let me know and let me know what your results were/are and if you would recommend it. Thanks in advance and please respond!!! :smile:

Replies

• SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take either one. Diet and exercise is the best thing you can do for your body.
  • mbraden24
    Options
    You look good, but I understand wanting to tone up even more.
  • hazelsmrf
    hazelsmrf Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not really getting how a pill could "tone" anything at all, you mean a pill that makes you build muscle all by itself? I don't think such a thing exists.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    By muscle toning pills, do you mean steroids?
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'd vote for just taking a bit more time. You're looking pretty spiffy and it sounds like you're on the right track. Just keep doing what you are doing and give time a chance to work.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    hum.. to me that's like comparing snake oil and extra snakey oil....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with calorie deficit and exercise? C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it. Don't you wanna be cool?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Thats the only thing i could think of xD
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You have tried several pills that made you sick. Why keep trying that route?
    Healthy > Skinny
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

Or a protein supplement?
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    Neither? Daily dose of diet and exercise..

Those pills carry too many health risks anyways.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    When it comes to weight loss in a pill, you have two options:

1) doesn't work
    2) might work a little, but might also really hurt you and possibly kill you

That's it. Personally I go for none of the above. Until the day when something is actually tested and approved by the FDA (for me anyway, being in the US) and has gone through the regular safety and efficacy testing, I would avoid any and all weight loss supplements. I'm a pharmacist and I would never suggest any of that crap to anybody. These companies prey on people who are desperate to lose weight, and they take their money without regard to the health problems that could be caused. Don't put yourself or your wallet at risk.
  • Josette152
    Josette152 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To me those pills give you energy or assist with helping you with cravings....If you want to get lean and show more of your muscle tone, I would suggest drink lots of water and eat as clean as possible (no sugar or process foods). Eat only what God made and you will see definition fast. Also, lift heavier weights if you already are strength training, if not start. Consider using a personal trainer for awhile. When some is training you they tend to push you harder. As far as pills......since you have already tried some and they tend to make you sick....either only take one pill or just drink green or black tea with splenda (sugar subsitute) for energy because it is not as strong.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You're probably not gonna find much help around here. We're old fashioned folks. I think bodybuilding.com will have more supplement information. Not that I think you should actually use them, if they do anything that diet and exercise can't do...that's probably not a good thing.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Everyone on here is going to criticize you for asking about fat burners but to answer your question Lean Xtreme, Hydroxycut Elite or my favorite an ECA stack.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here is going to criticize you for asking about fat burners but to answer your question Lean Xtreme, Hydroxycut Elite or my favorite an ECA stack.

Strong reading comprehension, unless all of those no longer have caffeine in them
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    stay away from that stuff. If it sounds too easy, it's probably sleazy.
  • krisbelle00
    krisbelle00 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but ECA stacks did nothing for me. If you want to be more tone "bulk up" try protein shakes or muscle milk.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Recommending an ECA stack to someone that isn't experienced or knowledgeable regarding them is a recipe for disaster. You need to be extremely careful with doing EC or ECA. I don't recommend using it until she has not only her diet in check, but her training and knowledge of BOTH in order first. Then, she would need to do research on it.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but ECA stacks did nothing for me. If you want to be more tone "bulk up" try protein shakes or muscle milk.

No. Her diet needs to be 110%. Losing fat is DIET, DIET, DIET and more DIET.

Protein shakes or "muscle milk" aren't going to do anything if the DIET is not 110%

/leaves the room