blood pressure

Options
I suppose this is NSV territory - have you noticed changes in blood pressure? I hadn't checked mine in quite a while before starting on MFP but it had been elevated, like 134/90. Today it's 114/66

Replies

• caraherpt
    Options
    Wow, 134/90... I had that problem before. Running fixed it for me when I was your exact weight. I should check mine too. :smile:
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    Mine is really low. Before I started MFP it'd be around 106/68ish. I checked it the other day, after nearly 2 weeks of exercise/healthy eating and it was 96/58.

I'm not sure if that's a problem blood pressure, but I don't feel dizzy or get light-headed, so I'm not worrying about it.

But that's a hella good reduction in yours! :D
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    That is awesome! This is one of my main goals and motivators for losing weight. I'm 27 years old... I shouldn't be taking beta-blockers for high blood pressure. :frown:

Right now, with medication, I run anywhere from 130-something-140 over 70-80-ish. Most recently it was 140/74 with a pulse of about 76. I'd *really* like to see an improvement here. Ideally, I'd like to go off my blood pressure medication. I'm hoping that losing weight and exercising will do this for me.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    No change in mine ever since I changed my lifestyle completely more than 4 months ago. I've been borderline anemic most of my life. I consider it an extremely lucky day when my BP says something like 100/70. It typically averages 90/60.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. :)

I haven't had mine checked since last April. It was, I think, 135/85, borderline hypertension. My arms are too big to fit the cuffs for the machines at Shoppers/Lawtons. My doctor can take it, but it's so painful and I get anxious about it, which probably contributes to the high BP.
  • peprmintpt
    peprmintpt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been watchn sodium intake with mfp and bp has reduced already in the two weeks.