14 weeks, only lost 10 lbs... :(

Options
UGH! This is why I always give up... Except this time, I have actually stuck with an exercise routine since January 17! SOOO discouraging... I have 80 lbs to go just to reach "normal weight."

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! No matter how hard you have to work, it's worth it in the end! If you quit, you'll just have to re-do all the work you've already done, and all of that effort will have been wasted. Don't go backwards!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You give up when you lose 10 pounds in 14 weeks? Ok then.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Don't give up, read some of the threads around here. If you have a lot to lose and are exercising a lot, it's possible you aren't eating enough. How many calories are you eating a day? Are you eating your exercise calories too?
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, read some of the threads around here. If you have a lot to lose and are exercising a lot, it's possible you aren't eating enough. How many calories are you eating a day? Are you eating your exercise calories too?

I agree! BUT, I would give anything to lose weight at the rate you are. Don't give up! For info regarding eating more check out this link - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary. That is a good place to start. Are you eating the wrong foods, too much sodium, not eating enough or to much processed food? All these things can make a difference.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 14 weeks is totally healthy and good! trust me, in the long run, you'll be happy that you lost weight the slow and sure way. less loose skin, and you become better accustomed to the healthy lifestyle and it becomes less likely for you to gain it all back.

plus, the scale can be really discouraging, but it doesn't mean everything. look at this before/after, for example!
    tumblr_lvyt01nCb61qbax9mo1_250.jpg

if you've been keeping up a workout routine that isn't strictly cardio, chances are you're gaining muscle, which can become confusing on the scale. if you don't physically see progress and want more validation for your efforts, try measuring yourself! you really will see changes, and the more you stick with it, the more your body will become a super-metabolizing, fat-shrinking machine. keep at it! don't give up!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    UGH! This is why I always give up... Except this time, I have actually stuck with an exercise routine since January 17! SOOO discouraging... I have 80 lbs to go just to reach "normal weight."

Don't give up......The slower the better as you will keep it off......Don't think that because others have lost more in the same time frame then that you have to as well......Just take it easy and you will get there.....

Think of it this way.....If you didn't find MFP then that might have be 10lbs on or even more.......

Read through the success stories and they will keep you focus......
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree! It is hard to stay motivated when you feel your not losing! Are you drinking 8+ glasses of water daily. That really will help your body burn more plus it will make you feel fuller! Good luck!!! Keep going and don't give up!!!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have lost 111lbs and am still 'obese'..... Oh well. stick with it. giving up will get you nowhere. guaranteed. (except maybe even more unhappy).
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would say that is a good rate to drop. Can you put the scales away and move to measure inches?

Have you dropped down a clothing size with the 10lbs?

Perhapse you are not drinking enough water?

Keep going. This is not a race to hit a number and then go back to the way you used to live your life. What you are doing now is what you need to do to stay healthy. Go get a 10lb bag of sand and walk about with it. Would you want it back on?

You are closer to your goal that you were 14 weeks ago. You CAN do this!
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started my transformation January 1st and have only lost 5 pounds!

My suggestion is, look back at your routine and what you're eating. See what the problems/trends are, and tweak them. Fitness is life, not a temporary change/series of events. Be patient with yourself and take the time to find out what makes your body work best.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great dear. I lost 10 pounds in the last year lol.
    Maybe try something else. Eat more calories is a good first start