Question for ladies

Options
I recently went off birth control and thus got my TOM for the first time in 5 years. Needless to say, I am not doing well. I need to work out when I get home, but these cramps just make me want to curl up in a ball.

I didn't work out yesterday though because of them, and that was ok since I had worked out several days in a row and I had enough calories yesterday. But I have to work out tonight.....I usually bike, but a walk seems more appealing to my state of mind right now. Should I just suck it up and go for a bike ride....will it make me feel better? Or should I conserve energy and take the walk?

Replies

• buffjess
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I say go for a walk..If you havent had a period in that long of a time then I would imagine that you feel pretty bad..Give your body some time to re adjust to the changes..Start simple and work up from there..Good Luck
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    UGGH -- When I went off birth control my first two TOMs were TERRIBLE -- so I feel your pain sista!

I am committed to working out every day too, so I also understand why you want to force yourself to do it.

I would use this opportunity to listen to your body and be nice to yourself. If you PHYSICALLY feel crappy, you should rest -- this is what your body is telling you to do.

It will only last a few days and you can resume normal activity then.

Good luck!

--Pink
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I say walk if you can. That usually helps...sometimes...or did when I wasn't on BC. Good luck, and i"m sorry you feel so yucky!
  • chelseamckell
    chelseamckell Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I say go for an easy bike ride. That might feel really good to your body and ease the cramps!
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I would say a slow walk...Since my C-section I can't do my runs while Aunt Flow visits because of the extremely painful cramping. I can walk through the pain though. :flowerforyou: Hugs to you!
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know when I recently went off birth control, I had cramps pretty bad, but I always notice that if I do go workout & push through it, I feel better afterwards. I guess you are just going to listen to your body. On my first day of the TOM for me, when I workout hard I always feel like super women. I realize my body really can be pushed. Good luck!