Busty Girls! Where do you get your bathing suits?

Options
Swimming suit shopping today was a bust for me, unfortunately (no pun intended). I'm confident that I will be bikini-ready by the time I'd like to, but unfortunately, the 30 lbs I've lost so far hasn't came from my chest and the largest tops in-store can't contain me :(

Are there any online sites that anyone would recommend for buying swimsuits? Preferably somewhere with a nice return policy? Even though I'm confident about taking my measurements, I'm still nervous about ordering a suit without trying it on first!

My bra size is a 36DD, but I honestly think I'm probably bigger than that. I really need to get measured!

Replies

• Bubbles_09
    Bubbles_09 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue i went looking today for some and found nothing.. i am a 38 G... try lookingon fashion bug.com or torrid.com ore onestopplus.com or even esty.com... you will find some stuff there. good luck!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

In the past I always had to get a top from one place and bottoms from another..I just want to match 100% this year! lol
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    shameless bump!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Torrid this year. Try their online site.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I am a 36DD (upper end of the cup, like you).

Bravissimo.com is fantastic. Just beware that it's European and you probably have to go a cup size up because they usually run slightly small. But they DO have a great return policy even though it's overseas so if you gotta try a few different things, it's easy to return.

They have awesome lingerie too. :love:
  • jonsie3488
    jonsie3488 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just got sized myself and found out I'd been wearing a cup size 3 sizes too small! I was worried about finding a suit now too, but try the store Everything but Water, they carry all kinds of sizes!

Also, I've searched the website of the new bra brand I bought, Panache, and they also offer swimwear with sizes that accommodate larger busts.

Hope that helps!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    woman within website
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've had really good luck with suits from Athleta. They have lots of suits sized by cup size and they've all been true-to-size. Check out the reviews for fitting tips. Also, they have free shipping and free exchanges. If you google athleta promo codes, you can usually find some discount codes.

http://athleta.gap.com/
  • wendywwhite
    wendywwhite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lands End has sized tops that go up to DD - and a pretty good selection.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just got some great bras from Barenecessities.com and they have bathing suits as well. Also, Lands End has a great selection of bathing suits for fuller chests. Good luck!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have no idea! i have to have one with underwire because they look better, but the ones they have at target with underwire are like i dont know a small! yeahhhh if i had small boobs i wouldnt need underwire so i dont really understand that..

I will probably be ordering offline, or check stores like JC pennys or Kohls sometimes you can get lucky and fine them there.
  • Mandired78
    Options
    I always get mine at lands end- they have quite a few with good support! Good luck!
  • Hannahk90
    Options
    Victoria's Secret's online website has some swimsuits that should fit. Also, although it's pricey, I've gotten one or two from California Swimwear. You can also luck out in places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx. You just look for Large and Extra Large. They usually fit me ok and I'm a 34DDD. Also, your best bet is only looking at halter style bikini tops. The triangle shapes are meant for girls way smaller. I've had this problem for years, so I've kind of become an expert, since I always need the largest top possible and a medium bottom, which is why I LOVE mix and match places.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Target has a line for large cup women!
    Just search D bathing suit and it comes up on there site.
  • BeaterEater
    Options
    Nordstroms on-line has a nice selection of bathing suits! They carry a lot of European brands - expensive but good quality. Also, Nordstroms has free shipping AND free return shipping, so returns are super easy. Herroom.com also carries some of the same brands. Lines like Panache, Freya, and Fantasie have underwire bikini tops that are sized like bras for excellent fit and support of larger busts.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I get most of my suits from Victoria's Secret. I'm not huge up top but I'm definitely large for my body frame. The suits always make the girls look really good and you can get some "bra" type suits that have a lot more support :smile: (it is just difficult to get the right size when you order online :cry: )