Newbie - Healthful or Just Counting??

Options
Hiya-

As stated, I'm fairly new to the site. I've found in my 30's that I gain weight much easier than ever before. Thus, the biggest reason for my presence on MFP.
Since some health problems spanning early 2010, I've completely changed my eating habits. I'm now much more conscious & aware what I'm putting into my body. I try to stick with foods that are more natural & basic in their composition. I definitely feel much better for the change!
[Still a work in progress, though.]

I'm curious how many people are dieting & counting calories versus how many people are trying to get completely healthy, e.g. cleaning up the foods they eat on a daily basis, exercising (more) regularly, regulate portion control, drink more water, etc...

Mind you, I'm absolutely not knocking anyone who desires to diet! Please don't misunderstand. I, too, hope to lose some unwanted pounds. Eating & practicing healthier habits are important to me also.
I'm just seeking to understand a portion of the participation a little better :smile:

Looking forward to the discussion!
Cheers~

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is so much information and friendship on here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • spoffy
    spoffy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I that dieting requires both! For me at least. When I eat a salad it encourages me for the rest of the day to eat healthy. Also, many of my healthy snacks are apples or carrots or grapes. I'm trying to lose weight and control what i'm putting into my body.