I really need HELP.... Cal intake/workout

Options
Hello!

So I am asking this as I'm so confused and I'm over 'yo yo dieting' .

I will admit, I eat very few cals on a daily basic, laterly 600 is the most, and I do burn 400-700 cals daily, but the thing is, if I ever eat more of a weekend... GAINED so easy, I could gain a full kg in a day, which is so bad... So I'm over it, I want to start healthy...

Thing is I find I really hard to get even 1200 cals, I don't know what to do, I was thinking of starting to eat 1200 and burn 500 4-5 times a week, but then Im back Into starve mode of 800 cals...

And if I increase my intake to 1200 daily, will I gain and not lose anyway cause of my diet for months?

Please help? I am going to Hawaii in September and I really want to be happy with myself... ( bye thighs and love handles )

I am 5'2
And I have lost 15 kgs all up, but gained but 2.7 from yo yo but I can lose it easily.
HW: 65kgs
CW 52.7kgs
LW: 50kgs
GOAL: to be happy with my body, I'm very small so i kinda want to hit 48... I would not look anaorexia btw either.

Replies

• susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You need to feed your body. If you eat 1200 a day you might gain a bit at first as your body adjusts but it will come off again. I would suggest throwing your scale away and going by how your clothes fit. I find that I get too obsessive if I use the scale so I only weigh once a month now.
  • atfxo
    atfxo Posts: 3
    Options
    But seeing as I run, and work out will it put me right back into starve mood only eating 1200, I'm way to scared to eat that much ATM, I know I go way over when I binge, but I'm trying not to binge anymore
  • Jedwar15
    Jedwar15 Posts: 1
    Options
    So you seem worried about starvation mode. It downturn have as much to do with calorie intake but fat intake. Try taking a CLA pill ( conjugated linoliv acid). This will give you the good fats that release the bad. Also if you take in the right carbs than your body will burn those instead of placing your body in a state of ketosis wich will make you store fat. also try eating wild caught salmon to get the good.omega fats. Best of luck
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the instant gain would be water.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

If you eat maintenance for a week that supposedly helps with fixing your metabolism. (add 20% to what that calculates your TDEE to be)
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, my understanding is that it takes a couple of weeks to adjust your body. I would recommend you increase your daily calories to 1700 if you plan on working out 4-5 days a week. I KNOW that is scary, and you will most probably gain in the first few weeks, but I think it is what your body needs. I am talking about healthy eating. Five meals a day -- breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner.

Calories can be broken down as:
    Breakfast: 350
    AM Snack: 200
    Lunch: 400
    PM Snack: 250
    Dinner: 500

You can find a lot of healthy fillers, such as nuts, cheeses and proteins where you shouldn't feel too full but will get enough cals.

Your estimated cals were derived from fat2fit.com. If you know your body fat percent (can be calculated on the site) you may get different figures. The idea is to eat this amount whether you exercise or not. Each day, you should eat 1700 cals. Give it some time, if you want to be healthy, it will take a change. This is my opinion, others may have other viewpoints.

* Edited to say five meals a day, not four