Troubles eating healthy on the weekends!!!

Options
It seems like during the week in so healthy and under my calorie goal every day! But, then here comes the weekend and it all goes downhill from there. My boyfriend comes into town and we eat out or I cook FRIED chicken for dinner! What am I thinking??! Or your out with the family and everyone wants to go to Long John Silvers where everything is fried and im the only one dieting and I just simply dont have enough will power for that!! Anyone else have similar issues?

Replies

• Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine is bad too. Except I do good till I get home because hubby is not supportive this go around :( he always wants to go to mcdonalds or some other place. It makes it REALLY tough but you will figure it out I finally did. Good Luck!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    When I go out with friends I just plan ahead and that seems to help.

As far as home...planning again I suppose.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat:( I do good during the week for the most part, but the weekends sometimes seem to be more like a free for all. I do my weigh in's on Monday which makes it that much worse. Once again starting tomorrow I'm going to try my darndest to be good.
  • jroja021
    jroja021 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. My boyfriend is only half on board. It's hard because he always wants to eat fast food. Or doesn't want me to cook so instead we order. I usually push him towards taco bell since they have a fresco menu thr actually taste reeeaaalllyyy good.
  • spoffy
    spoffy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always to count it just be sure just how bad in being! :( but its tough. I have big trouble with leaving food on my plate! I fill up but just cant stop because it there! How do i stop eating??!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine suck too! ERR!!!
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    You are just like me....I logged in my food for this past weekend...horrible....loaded baked potato, a few rum and cokes and ate out twice today....feel like I sabatogged myself. :( Time to kick in in the butt this week.! I just need to think about it before I order my food..about how hard I worked during the week....and is it worth it to ruin it on the weekend?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I was that way for a while...and then I switched my weigh day to Monday. That helped A LOT. I HAVE to be good all weekend, or I won't lose weight!
  • Norinella
    Norinella Posts: 31
    Options
    I always to count it just be sure just how bad in being! :( but its tough. I have big trouble with leaving food on my plate! I fill up but just cant stop because it there! How do i stop eating??!

In a restaurant, what if you were to divide your food in half as soon as it arrives and ask the waiter to pack it up to take home? It wouldn't be in front of you anymore, and you wouldn't feel like you were wasting it, because you could have it for lunch the next day. Restaurants always give you way more than you should be eating, anyway.
  • 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    Yeah, I just got done logging for today, I am only 770 calories over! But that is how I used to eat everyday, plus more because I still only drank water today! Every time I do this I say next week I am NOT doing this, but I do it again the very next time! :o/
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My wife and 2 kids are naturally thin people. They can eat all the junk they want and don't gain weight. On the weekends my diet is not nearly as structured as during the week and the kids want ice cream, pancakes after church, crap, crap and more crap. I get hit with the guilt trip "Why do we need to suffer while you diet?". The only way I get around it is too make sure I get in some sort of intense workout both days. BTW hear about that as well because I am missing family time. AAARRRGGHH!
  • mtodd50
    mtodd50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been there done this. Last time I was at my Dr. my cholesterol was up. I know exactly why...One was because I would diet all week but when the weekend came...watch out...If I wanted Long John Silvers, Red Lobster or my ice cream I was going to eat it. A month ago I joined Weight Watchers and learned a whole different way of eating. It's not a diet they dont tell you tht you cant have it. The other day I had about 4 french fries and the grease lingered in my mouth. It was the first time in a long time I didn't even want them. My WW leader tells us to plan ahead. If you are going out to eat find something that is better for you than just soaked greasy fried food... I have struggled for months but now I am down about 7 lbs. When I am hungry I grab an apple and drink a bottle of water. There is also lipton purple acai and blueberry tea that I drink and it helps me feel full. I sweeten it with agave nectar found out local sams store or walmart. Grab turkey or protein....I know its hard to believe but when you eat all those carbs and all that sugar it makes your body crave it more. So if you can just hang in there long enough...you will be surprised how your body doesnt crave it near as bad. Sweet freedom bars from Bluebunny is great for that sugar craving. Set your mind. If you go to a party and want that birthday cake...eat a small piece...but do something later or before that event to work it off....take a brisk walk. If you go to the store park further out. It's the little things that can also add up huge for weight loss. I know it's a struggle...as I was a HUGE sweet eater. I could eat 4 snickers in nothing flat....at one time I went from 155, 145 back down to 139 and want to reach 125. (Im 5'4. It wasnt until I went on vacation I realized I had to stop this insanity. My dr. called right before I left for my trip. I went back last week....sugar great, blood pressure lowered and thyroid fine....I excercise everyday...it might be just a walk or my eliptical...but I do something no matter how tired I am or how bad I loathe the word workingout! Good luck on your journey! I've lost more than 7 lbs but the 7lbs through ww is easier to keep off because now I know the tools to keep it off. :flowerforyou:
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead helped me. I would always make sure I worked out on the day we went out. I would eat a lower calorie breakfast and then a snack for lunch, plenty of water and then I would have over 1000 calories to burn. I would always look up where we were going or I would dictate our fast food or restaurant. There are always ways and it's not that hard as long as you look up the menu ahead of time. I always bring home half my order. Yes I go over sometimes but as long as I work out my metabolism is working harder than if I didn't work out. So far it hasn't stopped my weight loss. I had the same fears because my husband wants to eat out a lot. He now knows I'm working out whether it bothers him or not. I am not letting other peoples bad habits interfere with my weight loss. I am not a fuddy duddy! I like to drink, eat and have fun just not every day. I can still have fun without eating all the cheese fries! WE have to set our standards. WE have to get used to our changes and have fun without binging on fatty foods. It is doable. Give yourself one "cheat" meal and let it be. Work hard through the week and you will be fine. Good luck!
  • stacyb35
    stacyb35 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that when she goes out to eat she asks for a to go container with her meal. She then puts half of the meal in the box. That way she is not eating the whole thing at once and she can have the rest durring the week as a special.
  • velvetred14
    velvetred14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know just what you mean. I am sooo good all week and come the weekend. ??? I do try so hard, and I count everything. I miss out on mybreakfast and lunch to save for my evening meal. I do enjoy the weekend!!!! so I will continue. Good luck x
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my 'eat whatever i want' day. It's my day 'off' the diet.

Saturday I have a little difficulty with dinner, but we don't eat out much. Retrain your family to eat in. That or go somewhere you don't actually like.

yes, that's right. Go somewhere whose food you hate.

Failing that, curry. YUM - naan bread is filling and not as fattening as you might think. You don't have to eat the whole serve of curry, the boyfriend can scoff that down instead.

Or else make home-made hamburgers, much healthier, with veges in them, and oven fries. Far less fattening than bought and cheaper, too.

I think once you get a cunning plan you'll be away. I have had to get cunning, get thoughtful, plan a little and each time I mess up, I sit there and say 'what can I do next time to help this problem?' If you learn from your mistakes they are easier to bear. :)