NSV- I ran!

Options
smallerman
smallerman Posts: 25 Member
In anticipation of a 5K I plan to participate in with coworkers, during my usual nightly 2.25 mile walk, I jogged for 60 second intervals six times. And I'm still alive!! We have a 8 month old Bernese Mountain Dog who walks with me and I think she is more tired than I am.

It feels good to know that when I was starting out at almost 300 lbs, a few flights of stairs winded me and I can see that I have come a long way! It feels so good to think that I might be able to accomplish my goals! the 5K is in September, so I plan to do a couch to 5K program.

Praise God who makes all things possible!

Replies

• annalykewhoa
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep up the good work, it's going to feel great. =)
  • FORGVN
    FORGVN Posts: 20
    Options
    Amen brother! You have come a long way ... I have been amazed at your progress. You will get there ... I have had some nice gains with the C25K plan. Sounds like tonight you were doing a bit of HIIT ... great fat burner.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Baby steps to your goal! You're doing intervals now and soon you'll be on your way to that 5K! Keep up the great work :)
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're an inspiration. I keep "wanting" to be a runner, but I never challenge myself by even attempting to run in intervals (afraid of hurting joints at a high weight), but even running 30-60 seconds makes you a runner in my book!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!