ways to stay motivated

Options
I am currently 186 pounds. Lossing weight has been an on and off thing for me for the past 4 years. I guess the reason why I would just give-up is the lack of motivation and no results (overnight results). Also I started to get bore because it becomes a routine and I hate routines. Lately I having been trying new things to help me stay motivated. I do zumba with my co-workers. Sometimes I will workout with my boyfriend. Although I have loss a few pounds, I’m starting to get bored again. So if anyone have any suggestions on how I can zest things up and stay motivated…. I will give it a try!!!

Replies

• ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi there

Keeping it fresh and new is definitely important in keeping motivation levels up. You don't really mention anything about food though. Can I just say that your food intake accounts for probably 80% of your overall weightloss effort. Obviously your food can be tweaked in any number of ways in order to avoid routine and potential drops in motivation. Using MFP (I assume that you do ;) helped me enormously in sheding unwanted weight as it kept me accountable. Try it! It works.

Feel free to add me.

Eric
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the exercise apps like C2K?
    Have a dog to walk? Or a friends?
    dancing?
    Jillian Micheals 30day shred is fun, and changes

Hmm walking or joining a sports league for fun
  • AndreaCimmino
    AndreaCimmino Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OH I can relate. I get bored SO SO SO easily. I keep it new by constantly challenging myself and changing my style of routines. Sometimes its cardio and I try all the classed at the gym, other times its trail running now its weight training. I stalk the internet for new routines constantly..

This is a great site

http://www.bodyrock.tv/
  • sistahsolda
    sistahsolda Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Zumba. I try to mix it up with walks, turbo kickboxing, and weight lifting.
  • tuider8
    tuider8 Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you... I will check out the site.