I need some honest answers please:(

Options
Okay, so my goal is to be six pounds lighter by memorial day, at the rate I'm going (feel free to check my diary out) does anyone think I could make it??

P.s.
Memorial day is in six weeks........

Replies

• mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely doable. Don't eat anything processed and you will get there!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is perfect. I believe you can do it as long as you stay on track
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    When you finish your food diary for the day, it predicts 5 weeks out. If you eat @ or below your calories you should be good.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Watch your carbs as well. Keep the fat, carbs and protein numbers in mind as well as the calories. Also you might want to track sodium - too much sodium can trash even the best efforts. Good luck, 6 pounds in 6 weeks is right on.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Do-able. For sure.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Run.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    6 lbs is VERY realistic in 6 weeks.

However- my honest answer is this: I would recommend trying to incorporate more protein and less carbohydrates into your diet. When I say less carbs I'm not talking Atkins or South Beach or any of those crazy restricting diets.... but maybe trying to get 40% of your daily caloric intake from carbs, then 30 / 30 from fat and protein. I can't tell the exact numbers but right now my guesstimate by looking back a few days in your diary is that about 60% of your calories are coming from carbs.

I see that you like fruity cereal bars and those taste so good! But they are packed with sugar/carbs... so maybe try swapping that for a protein bar instead that is low carb/low sugar? Or even try doing a protein shake in the mornings or greek yogurt with a piece of fruit.

Either way, 6 lbs is totally doable by Memorial Day- but trust me when I say that incorporating more protein and a less carbs will give you great/fast results.
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You might wanna put LOSE 2 pounds in a week, in case your body won't lost the weight very easily. I lost 8 pounds in 6 weeks
  • Ramseyyy
    Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    6 lbs is VERY realistic in 6 weeks.

However- my honest answer is this: I would recommend trying to incorporate more protein and less carbohydrates into your diet. When I say less carbs I'm not talking Atkins or South Beach or any of those crazy restricting diets.... but maybe trying to get 40% of your daily caloric intake from carbs, then 30 / 30 from fat and protein. I can't tell the exact numbers but right now my guesstimate by looking back a few days in your diary is that about 60% of your calories are coming from carbs.

I see that you like fruity cereal bars and those taste so good! But they are packed with sugar/carbs... so maybe try swapping that for a protein bar instead that is low carb/low sugar? Or even try doing a protein shake in the mornings or greek yogurt with a piece of fruit.

Either way, 6 lbs is totally doable by Memorial Day- but trust me when I say that incorporating more protein and a less carbs will give you great/fast results.

Wow, great info! Thank you so much. I will definitely start cutting back some of the carbs and adding protein. I never actually thought of it that way, I just counted calories...
  • Ramseyyy
    Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    And thanks to every body for the advice,especially about running, and sodium. It means a lot to me :)
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I agree.. totally doable.

Water
    Fruits/Veggies
    Protein, protein, protein!
    Watch sodium
    Exercise!

You can do it!