Its been 18 days & I'mStill Smoke Free ;)

Options
I stopped smoking on my 60th day of my conscious healthy living journey. That was 18 days ago and I just realized it. There were days in the beginning that I felt like I was gonna have a fit.. but now --- I feel fine. It has gotten easier every single day. I just wanted to share to encourage someone out there who is contemplating whether they should stop smoking ...It can be done.. and you will thank yourself once you do it..

I just watched my video of my 60th day -- I remember so clearly having to convince myself in that video that I could do it.. wow.. feel free to check it out -- http://youtu.be/OQI1nlHpe9c

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Well done, and congratulation on "coming of age" as a non-smoker.
    All the ads I see say that as soon as you stop smoking your body starts to repair itself, so you've made a fantastic choice for a healthier life.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Ashley23261
    Options
    Today has been one month smoke free for me. Congratulations on sticking with it.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Today has been one month smoke free for me. Congratulations on sticking with it.

Congrats to you as well :) Thank you so much :)
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Well done, and congratulation on "coming of age" as a non-smoker.
    All the ads I see say that as soon as you stop smoking your body starts to repair itself, so you've made a fantastic choice for a healthier life.
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much- That is definitely my wish that my body decides to line up with my healthy lifestyle :) Thanks for responding ;)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over a year smoke-free :D BIG KUDOS to you- feels good doesn't it ?
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    I'm a little over a year smoke-free :D BIG KUDOS to you- feels good doesn't it ?

woo hoo!!!! good for you. thanks for responding.. im even MORE encouraged. it feels so good to be done with that nasty addiction!!!!! :) YES IT DOES!!!! Cheers to health and wellness for real now :)
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Quitting is an awesome accomplishment!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! i'm on day 53! you can do it! im so proud of you for making it this far! you got this beat!:bigsmile:
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Today is day 14 smoke free for me.
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It has been 23 years for me. I went cold turkey, and I also think I would be a dead turkey if I had not. I smoked 2 packs a day. , bI could not even string 4 words together with out coughing my guts up.. Do I think about smoking? Yes, Would I ever start up again? NEVER. You can do it. I know, I know because I did. Good luck on your smoke free life.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    It has been 23 years for me. I went cold turkey, and I also think I would be a dead turkey if I had not. I smoked 2 packs a day. , bI could not even string 4 words together with out coughing my guts up.. Do I think about smoking? Yes, Would I ever start up again? NEVER. You can do it. I know, I know because I did. Good luck on your smoke free life.

Wooo hoo-- wow.. awesome testimony.. thanks for sharing.

and everyone else-- thank you too --

congrats to all the others who have decided to stop sub-consciously killing themselves.. ;)
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats that has to be one of the hardest things to do. But just think about the years you will add to your life and the money you are saving. Job will done!
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been smoke free for over two years now! It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but if I can do it, you can too! There's not a day that goes by that I am thankful that I don't smoke anymore. Congratulations! :smile:
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Free I can't say enough how proud I am of your not smoking. You have totally taking control of your life. Keep it up hun you are awesome
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    congrats!
    i have to do this....i keep saying once i get these last pounds off i will do it. i think it may be harder then losing the weight.
    but i have to do it.
  • rocklguz9
    rocklguz9 Posts: 18
    Options
    I want to be there...I just posted something about smoking today...So happy for you~ hoping I can join u ;)
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! I quit in May of 2008 and yes, it only gets easier from here. You WILL have set backs where the cravings come back but once you get through those, it gets easier and easier and easier. Now, at almost 4 years for me, it does nothing but gross me out. :sick:

PS: You are so pretty!
  • xPAMo
    xPAMo Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW...That is great! I love seeing these inspiring stories to let those who are struggling know that anything can be accomplished!!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome! I quit on October 15, 2011. It is one of the best things I have ever done. I feel so good now. You have made such a great decision!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    <--- non-smoker since Feb and I have no intention of going back! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!