Time Zones

Options
OK, just realized when I posted back to someones message that it said 2:58am.... Well I'm in Michigan (eastern time zone) so it's really 5:58am here. Anyways- guess I never paid much attention before, but does it always display Pacific Time or is there something in my setting I can change so that since i'm in Eastern Time that it will display all the times in Eastern?

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    OK, just realized when I posted back to someones message that it said 2:58am.... Well I'm in Michigan (eastern time zone) so it's really 5:58am here. Anyways- guess I never paid much attention before, but does it always display Pacific Time or is there something in my setting I can change so that since i'm in Eastern Time that it will display all the times in Eastern?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    this site runs off GMT. Mike has an FAQ about time issues.
  • pbkfit70
    pbkfit70 Posts: 38
    Options
    Are you sure?

GMT to me means Greenwich mean time ie the time in London, which now is 11:38am

:huh:
  • banks1850
    Options
    he uses the EST offset for it. But it still runs off GMT. It's the default for AJAX (what this site is built in)

basically, for where ever you are you just need to find your offset from GMT. Sorry, it's something us Geeks just take for granted. It's like people from massachusetts calling Chcolate sprinkles "Jimmies". We don't even realize other parts of the country have no clue what we are talking about when we ask for jimmies on our sunday. :tongue:

Time zones are so second nature now to me (after 13 years as a Network Engineer) that I automatically do the calculations in my head. Its a very sad sad truth. :sad:
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ok- just didn't take .02 seconds to think about it! (i'm a geek at heart).....
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    . It's like people from massachusetts calling Chcolate sprinkles "Jimmies". We don't even realize other parts of the country have no clue what we are talking about when we ask for jimmies on our sunday. :tongue:

Hmm...definately not the same in the south....you would get a few strange looks (and maybe even more than you asked for) if you asked for your 'jimmies'around here. A 'Jimmy' is another name for a specific area of male anatomy...as in 'AWWW!!!! I just got kicked in the JIMMY!!!' :wink: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    Options
    . It's like people from massachusetts calling Chcolate sprinkles "Jimmies". We don't even realize other parts of the country have no clue what we are talking about when we ask for jimmies on our sunday. :tongue:

Hmm...definately not the same in the south....you would get a few strange looks (and maybe even more than you asked for) if you asked for your 'jimmies'around here. A 'Jimmy' is another name for a specific area of male anatomy...as in 'AWWW!!!! I just got kicked in the JIMMY!!!' :wink: :laugh:

LOL, I know, it's happened to me before when I was in florida, luckilly though, the little teenie-bopper behind the counter of the Ice Cream shop in Orlando meets many New Englanders. She just looked at me and said "Ohhhhh, your from Massachusetts, right?"
    I just blinked
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I'm in Michigan too and noticed it one day by chance and figured out the math... I don't pay it much attention anymore :laugh: