Injury causing limited mobility - any advice?

Options
Due to a recent accident that has left me with a broken leg, stretched ligaments and lots of soft tissue damage I am now under a non weight bearing restriction for the next month or so. During the last 30 days of this restriction I have been able to lose my first 12 lbs by limiting my calorie intake, drinking lots of water and doing some resistance band strength training. However, I am fearful that won't be enough and I will have a setback in my healthier lifestyle goals. Any advice to share to keep the lbs coming off?

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Sorry about your injury. I think you'll find that many people on here have still lost weight without doing any exercise. Sure it's not ideal but you can do it if you watch your calorie intake and eat healthy.

Keep doing what you have been doing. Good luck
  • Heatherdl52
    Options
    Hi, am wanting the same advice as you, as have been totally restricted almost after a fall 3 years ago, that caused back injury. 3operations later(the last 6 months ago) I am in severe pain and mobilty limmeted to very short walks only.Would love to know other excersisesI can do at home. So, while i cant offer the advice you need, I can sympathise with you and wish you luck.Interested in any feedback.
  • RJC65
    RJC65 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • RJC65
    RJC65 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, am wanting the same advice as you, as have been totally restricted almost after a fall 3 years ago, that caused back injury. 3operations later(the last 6 months ago) I am in severe pain and mobilty limmeted to very short walks only.Would love to know other excersisesI can do at home. So, while i cant offer the advice you need, I can sympathise with you and wish you luck.Interested in any feedback.

I found a you tube video that is a great 20 minute workout with resistance bands. Check it out. It is called "20 minute resistance band "
  • LC128
    LC128 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello! I work in Physical Therapy and have many patients with your same story, it is hard to lose weight with just the calorie cutting, after so long it will be hard to lose too much. BUT there are tons of light weight bearing exercises you can do! Some great ones are gluteal sets, leg raises, quad sets, and hip flexion exercises! You can add the resistance band in with all of those too, and do them all laying down or sitting ! Hope that helps and if you ever need advice & support feel free to add me :)