Have you had an "OMG" moment when counting calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got some coupons in the mail for Dairy Queen and there was a pictue of this yummy looking Reese sundae. So out of curiosity I looked up the nutritional info on their website, 1280 calories and 81g of fat!!!!! I was like NOOO WAY! In the past I would have never thought twice about it and got one. No this itme, I simply said "not worth it" and had 1/2 cup of my slow churned ice cream in the freezer.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got some coupons in the mail for Dairy Queen and there was a pictue of this yummy looking Reese sundae. So out of curiosity I looked up the nutritional info on their website, 1280 calories and 81g of fat!!!!! I was like NOOO WAY! In the past I would have never thought twice about it and got one. No this itme, I simply said "not worth it" and had 1/2 cup of my slow churned ice cream in the freezer.

Good girl!
  • Wknaugle
    Wknaugle Posts: 4
    Options
    My OMG moment was the Buffalo Chicken Salad at Chili's. I've been eating out once a week with a friend and thought I was being so healthy eating a salad instead of a burger. Then I looked up the calories - over 900 for a salad! Since then I've been eating at Applebee's where you can order 1/2 portion salads.
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    Just NOW--

Raw coconut ! EKKKK ...

Serving size 65 g(dont know how much that actually is but I am sure it isnt the WHOLE coconut)
    calories 552
    FAT: 52 grams
    saturated fat 51 g

WOW ... guess that is not a good munchie !!!
  • abbychelle07
    Options
    Just NOW--

Raw coconut ! EKKKK ...

Serving size 65 g(dont know how much that actually is but I am sure it isnt the WHOLE coconut)
    calories 552
    FAT: 52 grams
    saturated fat 51 g

WOW ... guess that is not a good munchie !!!

I just checked my shredded coconut in the cupboard. First of all, it has sugar in it, and I didn't even realize that it was sweetened. And it says 2 Tbsp is 70 calories! I still might mix it into some granola, but not too much!!
  • tracypaprocki
    Options
    I make a 3 egg omelete with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Its not so bad and takes about as good as one with all whole eggs. For the cheese I use low fat skim mozzerella.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have had many OMG moments from my oatmeal in the morning too dinner at night. My biggest was Chinese food. Did not know how many calories were in everything that was ordered and starch as well. Good thing that is once and a very long time that we even order that.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Oriental chicken salad at Applebee's. IT is the worst item on the menu for you:sad: :cry:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have definitely had those jaw dropping moments. That's why I try to plan ahead before going out so there are no surprises.

Before, I would love to get milk shakes from Steak and Shake and recently I check to see how many a large has in it (something I got many times before). A large chocolate has almost 1000 calories. I was shocked. No wonder I was so fat before. I tell you though, I am dying to have a shake, it's killing me but I always tell myself "1000 CALORIES" which is about 1-1/2 hours on the elliptical, totally not worth it.

But I have also had the opposite too when I thought I totally blew my calories for the day and I was okay.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    rem why not make a shake at home we do often my hubby loves home made ones and you can put what you want
    i have a so good soy milk one each morning with banana and apple or pear in it so nice but you can do all sorts
    hubby use to put a raw egg in sometimes with banana and a bit of ice cream

hubby would use cows milk though. and you will find alot less calories and better taste im sure. just have a play around and find a recipe you like.
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I had one of these moments yesterday, i had a medium order of onion rings, i thought it would be about 300 to 400 calories, it was 700 calories, needless to say i wont be eating onion rings for a while
  • spexs69
    spexs69 Posts: 4
    Options
    Funny you should start this thread, cause last night I had my OMG moment. We had pancakes for dinner last night. I was victorious at eating only 2 pancakes with maple syrup. The syrup alone was 200 cal per 1/4 cup! I made the switch to real maple syrup a few months back cause of all the chemicals found in other syrups. I am seriously considering going back to the sugary chemicals.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I had an OMG moment when I was shopping yesterday. I picked up a box of coconut crunch mini donuts (one of my old favorites):love: A serving (3 donuts) is 250 calories!!:noway: For three bites of food!:grumble: Needless to say, I didn't buy them. If I'm going to eat 250 calories, I want more bang for my buck.
  • abbychelle07
    Options
    Funny you should start this thread, cause last night I had my OMG moment. We had pancakes for dinner last night. I was victorious at eating only 2 pancakes with maple syrup. The syrup alone was 200 cal per 1/4 cup! I made the switch to real maple syrup a few months back cause of all the chemicals found in other syrups. I am seriously considering going back to the sugary chemicals.

I use 1 TBSP of pure maple syrup per pancake at 50 calories! I try to use applesauce, or fruit to make up the difference. Don't give up!