Enough is enough

Options
I'm writing this because I'm tired, my mind is tired and my body is angry at me. I know what I need to do but I play mind games with myself and in the spur of the moment I feel its ok to microwave frozen hershey kisses until my jaw feels too tired to chew them. I've decided I don't have time to eat all this crap and then feel I need to work it off in the wee hours of the morning. I remember when I thought about things that actually mattered and I miss those days. Consuming 1000 calories of sugar and fat just don't fit into my lifestyle, so I'm saying goodbye to the hershey kisses, goodbye to the guilt of eating a row of girl guide cookies, and goodbye to midnight treadmill madness. I can't and won't do it-- it's not a lifestyle I can maintain. So goodbye!

Tomorrow is Monday morning, and for what feels to be the kagillienth time, I'm starting again.

Anyone else starting again this Monday morning after a bit of a fall out?

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I've fallen off the weightloss wagon and need to get back on it. It is a lifestyle change and not just an overnight thought. I've lost 94 lbs. so far, but have another 60 lbs. to lose. We can do this. Feel free to add me.
  • chefgorman
    chefgorman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I am better than I think I am and I can do it!!
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day, Good Luck. I'll be doing my best today too :)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I am with you too!!! I was doing so well, then I had an overseas trip, ate and drank everything in site, stopped running, stopped working out, gained weight (no kidding huh!!) Keep having feeble attempts to start over, but this morning Im back in the zone.....Been for a run this morning, done a workout dvd and am determined to shift this weight....we can do this :drinker:
  • lgalloway1940
    lgalloway1940 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Girl, I understand where you're at. I've started over so many times. My son & daughter-in-law live with us & she does all the cooking. I used this as an excuse to eat any & everything I wanted. You guessed it. I gained about 30 lbsbefore I made up my mind that no one but me could help keep me on track. I have now lost the 30 lbs & am so motivated, thanks to all my riends on MFP.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am with you too!!! I was doing so well, then I had an overseas trip, ate and drank everything in site, stopped running, stopped working out, gained weight (no kidding huh!!) Keep having feeble attempts to start over, but this morning Im back in the zone.....Been for a run this morning, done a workout dvd and am determined to shift this weight....we can do this :drinker:

HAha this is pretty much what happened to me too... went on a trip and since then (early feb) havent been able to get back on track. who knew vacation mode would last so long right!
  • karlacrn
    karlacrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first day back too. I am tired of working out just to pigout and lose the benefits. Posting about it and having the support sure can't hurt. Good luck.
  • Uhlissuh
    Uhlissuh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You GOT this! You've got the determination and the strength and this is the time to make the change! We all have days where we fall but it's about getting back on the wagon and pusing past those weaker moments to make stronger ones. You can freakin' dooooo it! So DO it! :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It's tougher when you don't have control over what's brought into the house, but you can train yourself to take an alternative action when you're tempted to eat junk. You need a plan that works for you. You could drink a glass of water instead of pigging out, eat a few baby carrots or a small apple, take a walk or turn on the radio and dance, etc, whatever works for you! You can make this change! You've done a great job of sticking with this, and you will succeed! Never give up!