Rest days in 30 day shred

Options
Starting 30 day shred tomorrow, I got this DVD a few years ago. I dont recall are there rest days in this program or you just do everyday without any recover period?

Replies

• ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to do it every day. :)
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30... In the intro she says 5-6 days/week and rest days are important. I'm not sure what she says on 30DS, but a lot of people just do the 30 days straight.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That is what I thought just wanted to check!
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Read somewhere an interview where jillian says that it's supposed to be done 6 days a week but 30 days total. I know that's not made clear on the DVD itself though.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    30DS also states to do it 5-6 times a week! I have just completed it and I took 2 days rest during level 1, 1 day during level 2 and 1 day during level 3. But I think it is down to you personally, I do highly recommend a rest day to let your body recover and not burn out. Good Luck x
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    hi,

I'm on day 5 of level 1 and have got through that first painful bit. I don't think a rest day woudl hurt but I'm going to do it every day (unless I cause myself an injury!) becuae its only 20 minutes. Its not like I'm doing hours in the gym or running a marthon everyday so I don't think rest days are needed - that said you shoudl listen to your body - if it really needs a rest you should let it!!

Good luck - I love it!!!
  • Ghewlett
    Ghewlett Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I did level 1 straight through with no rest but had to take 3 consecutive rest days on L2 as my knees were hurting like hell!